Get an overview of this hotelLuxury Melbourne hotel in Melbourne Central Business District, walk to Melbourne Aquarium
Located in Melbourne Central Business District, this luxury hotel is within a 15-minute walk of Melbourne Aquarium, Bourke Street Mall, and Etihad Stadium. Eureka Tower and Melbourne Central are also within 1 mi (2 km).
Along with 2 restaurants, this smoke-free hotel has a full-service spa and an indoor pool. Other amenities include 2 bars/lounges, a health club, and a spa tub.
All 253 soundproofed rooms feature WiFi and 24-hour room service. Conveniences include refrigerators and coffee makers, and guests will appreciate thoughtful touches like bathrobes and slippers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
In addition to a full-service spa, InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto features an indoor pool and a health club. Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of hotel's 2 bars/lounges. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge.
Business amenities at this 5-star property consist of a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and meeting rooms. Event facilities measuring 4304 square feet (400 square meters) include a conference center. This luxury hotel also offers a spa tub, a sauna, and spa services. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge.
InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto is a smoke-free property.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 253
- Number of floors - 10
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Full-service spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Health club
- Computer station
- Airport transportation
- Tours/ticket assistance
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Free pool cabanas
- Pool sun loungers
- Conference center
- Year Built 1891
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 4304
- Conference space size (meters) - 400
- Number of meeting rooms - 11
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Indoor pool
- Television in common areas
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( AUD 29 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( AUD 29.95 per 24-hour period )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- WiFi (surcharge)
- In-room massage available
- Soundproofed rooms
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Room service (24 hours)
- LCD TV
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
Alluvial Restaurant - This restaurant specializes in Modern European cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Happy hour is offered.
Merchant - This restaurant specializes in Italian cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
Blue Stone Wine Lounge - Onsite wine bar. Happy hour is offered.
Market Lane Bar - Onsite piano bar. Happy hour is offered.
Late night fare is available from 24-hour room service.
Nearby Things to Do
An indoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a health club and a sauna.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
Botanica Day Spa has 4 treatment rooms including rooms for couples. Services include deep-tissue massages, hot stone massages, Thai massages, and massages. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy, Ayurvedic, and hydrotherapy.
The spa is open daily.
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Prenatal massage
- Thai massage
- Number of treatment rooms 4
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- In-room accessibility
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for AUD 70.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Guests should be aware that WiFi is only complimentary for 30 minutes, per day. For more details, please contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: AUD 38 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 29 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: AUD 29.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: AUD 50 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 70.00 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- InterContinental Melbourne
- InterContinental Melbourne Rialto
- InterContinental Rialto
- InterContinental Rialto Hotel
- InterContinental Rialto Hotel Melbourne
- InterContinental Rialto Melbourne
- Melbourne InterContinental
- Melbourne Rialto
- Rialto InterContinental
- Rialto Melbourne
- Intercontinental Melbourne The Rialto Hotel Melbourne
- InterContinental Melbourne Rialto Hotel
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
This property has been awarded a star rating from the Australian Star Ratings Agency, Star Ratings Australia.