Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelFamily-friendly Melbourne hotel in Melbourne Central Business District, near Federation Square
Popular property highlights
This family-friendly Melbourne hotel is located in the entertainment district, within 1 mi (2 km) of Federation Square, Melbourne Cricket Ground, and Melbourne Central. Rod Laver Arena and Hisense Arena are also within 1 mi (2 km).
A restaurant, a fitness center, and a bar/lounge are available at this smoke-free hotel. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, a coffee shop/café, a 24-hour business center, and a conference center are onsite.
All 363 rooms feature thoughtful touches like pillow menus and bathrobes, along with conveniences such as sitting areas and refrigerators. Pillowtop beds and iPod docks are standard, as are LED TVs with cable channels.
Sofitel Melbourne On Collins
The hotel offers a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. This 5-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center and meeting rooms.
A computer station is located on site and wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary. Event facilities measuring 5382 square feet (500 square meters) include a conference center. This luxury hotel also offers a fitness center, tour/ticket assistance, and multilingual staff. Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is a smoke-free property.
- Express check-in
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Grocery/convenience store
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 13
- Year Built 1982
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Free wired Internet
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Free WiFi (limited) time 30
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 500
- Free WiFi (limited) duration per day
- Luggage storage
- Hair salon
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 5382
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Conference center
- Shopping on site
- Airport transportation
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 363
- Number of floors - 18
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: ,
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Towels provided
- Premium TV channels
- Separate sitting area
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Shower only
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cable TV service
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- iPod docking station
- In-room massage available
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Room service (24 hours)
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Pillowtop mattress
- Pillow menu
- Free cribs/infant beds
- LED TV
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
No35 - This restaurant specializes in Modern European cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Reservations are required. Open daily.
Atrium Bar on 35 - This bar serves light fare only. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Open daily.
Late night fare is available from 24-hour room service.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child 11 years old or younger stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for AUD 80.0 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: AUD 45 for adults and AUD 25 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 29.50 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: AUD 29.50 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: AUD 55.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 80.0 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Melbourne Sofitel
- Sofitel Collins
- Sofitel Collins Hotel
- Sofitel Collins Hotel Melbourne
- Sofitel Collins Melbourne
- Sofitel Melbourne
- Sofitel Melbourne Collins
- Sofitel Melbourne Collins Hotel
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins Hotel Melbourne
We should mention
One child 11 years old or younger stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Free WiFi in public areas is limited to 30 minutes per day.