Poor choice when there are many better available
Posted Dec 26, 2016
1) Scary location. Highly likely to have car broken into, stolen, etc. They park and empty police car in the lot to "scare" away would-be criminals. I doubt it works.
2) Hotel itself is in very poor condition. Dirty, run down look and feel, needs cleaning, redecorating, new furniture. Bathtub was filthy, with something peeling off the tub surface and lots of mold on walls.
3) Bed was old, worn out mattress. Didn't even want to check for bedbugs, too sure they'd be there.
4) Lobby smelled like rotten eggs or sewage. Not a welcoming kind of smell.
5) Overall a very bad feel. Surprising for Holiday Inn. Far from usual standards. Not like it was any less expensive than other surrounding hotels. Easily located another hotel in much better condition and location for same price.
Comment from Hotel Management
Dec 30, 2016 by n/a, Hotel Management
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experiences during your stay at our hotel. These issues will be looked into and addressed. We would like the opportunity to wow you on your next stay.