Pass On This One
Posted May 5, 2016 on Hotels
Would love to know the story with this place---old Victorian, never updated. The room, which was large with high ceilings, was heated by baseboard heaters---a chore they were not equal to, and we were there on some chilly nights. Lighting was "interesting" (as in probably original), and either inadequate (bedside for reading)or strangely located, or both. There was a fireplace set up, but it looked a little dicey (and a lot of trouble) so we passed. However, we were treated to the smoke and aroma of someone else's fire as it drifted through the vent. The bathroom had an old Victorian (?) tub, fairly deep, on a tile floor. With nothing to hold on to when getting in or out, it struck us as very hazardous. The small, and only shelf, in the bathroom on which to place toiletries being used consisted of three strips of wood held together side by side with strips of masking tape. The only electrical outlet in the bathroom was located above the sink in the single fluorescent lightbulb fixture---didn't see it until day 2. There is no maid service, although you could request it. Breakfast was served each morning and it was adequate. They solicited a tip, but we declined. They do accept dogs and their location is very good, but will definitely not recommend it or stay again until there are some improvements by the owners.