Get an overview of this hotelSleek elegance in Miami's South Beach
+VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
Expedia +Platinum members receive free room upgrades and +Platinum and +gold members get other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
South Beach luxury
The Tides South Beach, known as the Diva of South Beach in the 1930s, is central to South Beach attractions; boutiques, restaurants, and theaters are within walking distance, and the beach is across the street.
Swim and dine
The Tides South Beach offers access to the beach opposite the hotel, and a secluded outdoor pool with poolside bar. The Tides Restaurant offers seafood cuisine.
Guestrooms feature ocean views, luxury bedding, plush bathrobes, and designer toiletries. Plasma TVs with premium channels are also provided.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Tides South Beach1220 Ocean Dr Miami Beach FL 33139
The Tides South Beach on Ocean Drive in Miami Beach first opened in 1936 and soon was known as the Grand Dame of South Beach. Redesigned in early 2008, the interior incorporates textures and elements from the sea, sunset colors, and updated furnishings. Situated just across the street from the Atlantic Ocean, the hotels is within blocks of upscale boutiques and restaurants.
The Tides Restaurant offers seafood cuisine with a Southern influence, while Coral Bar offers an intimate spot for cocktails and appetizers.
A secluded outdoor pool features private cabanas, tables and lounge chairs, and a poolside bar.
Garage parking is available for guests, for a surcharge.
The hotel offers 24-hour room service. This is a smoke-free property.
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 45
- Number of floors - 10
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Beach umbrellas
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Outdoor pool
- Wedding services
- Pool umbrellas
Family Friendly Amenities
- Outdoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- DVD player
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower/tub combination
- DVD player
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Pillowtop mattress
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- iPod docking station
- Room service (24 hours)
- Frette Italian sheets
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
Where to Eat
The Tides Restaurant - Offering seafood cuisine with a Southern Influence. Features ocean views. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Coral Bar - Intimate bar serving cocktails and appetizers.
Pooldeck - Poolside bar serves lunch, snacks, cocktails throughout the day.
Nearby Things to Do
The Tides has a full-service gym, secluded outdoor pool with sundeck, cabanas, and complimentary lounge chairs, towels, and umbrellas. Several golf courses are within 5 to 13 miles.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 150 per accommodation, per stay, plus a deposit of USD 150 per stay
- 1 per room (up to 15.87 lb)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
- Resort fee: USD 15.00 per accommodation, per night
- Beach loungers
- Beach towels
- Fitness center access
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 40 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 35 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 150 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 150 per accommodation, per stay
- Late check-out fee: USD 300
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50.00 per night
- King & Grove Tides Hotel Miami Beach
- Tides Miami Beach
- Tides South
- Tides South Beach
- Tides South Hotel
- Tides South Hotel Beach
- Tides South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Tides South Beach Hotel
- Tides South Beach Miami Beach
- King And Grove Tides
- Tides Hotel Miami Beach
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Construction is underway at a neighboring building and there may be noise disturbance from the construction work.
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.