Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelSleek elegance in Miami's South Beach
Popular property highlights
South Beach luxury
The Tides South Beach, known as the Diva of South Beach in the 1930s, is central to South Beach attractions; boutiques, restaurants, and theaters are within walking distance, and the beach is across the street.
Swim and dine
The Tides South Beach offers access to the beach opposite the hotel, and a secluded outdoor pool with poolside bar. The Tides Restaurant offers seafood cuisine.
All Rooms have Ocean Views
The larger than average guestrooms feature ocean views, luxury bedding, plush bathrobes, and designer toiletries. Plasma TVs with premium channels are also provided.
The Tides South Beach
Renovations & Closures
The Tides South Beach on Ocean Drive in Miami Beach first opened in 1936 and soon was known as the Grand Dame of South Beach. Redesigned in early 2008, the interior incorporates textures and elements from the sea, sunset colors, and updated furnishings. Situated just across the street from the Atlantic Ocean, the hotel is within blocks of upscale boutiques and restaurants.
The Tides Restaurant offers seafood cuisine with a Southern influence, while Coral Bar offers an intimate spot for cocktails and appetizers.
A secluded outdoor pool features private cabanas, tables and lounge chairs, and a poolside bar.
Garage parking is available for guests, for a surcharge.
The hotel offers 24-hour room service. This is a smoke-free property.
- 24-hour front desk
- Beach umbrellas
- Conference space
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Beach sun loungers
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Outdoor pool
- Smoke-free property
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Pool umbrellas
- Beach towels
- Total number of rooms - 45
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Number of floors - 10
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium bedding
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- DVD player
- Pillowtop mattress
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- iPod docking station
- Room service (24 hours)
- Frette Italian sheets
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
The Tides Restaurant - Offering seafood cuisine with a Southern Influence. Features ocean views. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Coral Bar - Intimate bar serving cocktails and appetizers.
Pooldeck - Poolside bar serves lunch, snacks, cocktails throughout the day.
Nearby Things to Do
The Tides has a full-service gym, secluded outdoor pool with sundeck, cabanas, and complimentary lounge chairs, towels, and umbrellas. Several golf courses are within 5 to 13 miles.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Sailing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 50 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 150 per accommodation, per stay, plus a deposit of USD 150 per stay
- 1 per room (up to 15.87 lb)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Deposit: USD 150.00 per night
- Resort fee: USD 15.00 per accommodation, per night
- Beach loungers
- Beach towels
- Fitness center access
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 15-25 for adults and USD 5-25 for children (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 35 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 150 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 150 per accommodation, per stay
- Late check-out fee: USD 300
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50 per night
- Tides South
- Tides South Beach
- Tides South Hotel
- Tides South Hotel Beach
- Tides South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Tides South Beach Hotel
- Tides South Beach Miami Beach
- King And Grove Tides
- Tides Hotel Miami Beach
- King & Grove Tides Hotel Miami Beach
- Tides Miami Beach
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Construction is underway at a neighboring building and there may be noise disturbance from the construction work.
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.