Clean but unsafe
Posted Oct 2, 2016 on Hotels
Hotel was clean but dated, breakfast was roils, dry cereal and coffee but that was expected based on previous reviews.
The hotel sleeping area is not sprinklered. but has smoke detectors. Hallways have fire doors, one of which was equipped with magnetic release. However, in the evening after cleaning, etc the fire door with the magnetic release was held in the open position with wedges that would not allow the fire door to close in event of fire, with the door leaf on a release mechanism closed.
The motel probably meet fire codes at time it was constructed but either the current management has not maintained the system or is unaware of implications of wedging fire doors open. I pointed this out to the front desk but never received any explanation as to why fire doors were wedged open.
For the above reason I do not consider the Baxter Park Inn as safe place to stay.