Get an overview of this hotelDowntown Milwaukee Art Deco hotel near shops, sports
Popular property highlights
Less than a mile from the lakefront, the Hilton Milwaukee is connected to the convention center via sky bridge.
The Art Deco embellishments at Hilton Milwaukee City Center are just the beginning, as the hotel also boasts a fitness center and over 35,000 square feet of meeting space.
Hilton Serenity Beds
Traditionally decorated guestrooms at Hilton Milwaukee City Center feature Hilton Serenity Beds, wireless Internet access, MP3 docking stations, and marble bathrooms with spa-style toiletries. Windows open to city views.
- Central location
- Helpful staff
- Clean guestrooms
- Comfy beds
- Bathrooms could've been nicer
Hilton Milwaukee City Center
Built in 1927, this downtown Art Deco high-rise is connected by an indoor, climate-controlled skywalk to the Frontier Airlines Center, Milwaukee's grand convention venue. The BMO Harris Bradley Center sports-and-entertainment venue is 4 blocks away, and the lakefront is within a mile.
A complimentary fitness center at Hilton Milwaukee City Center provides cardio machines with individual TVs. Complimentary wireless Internet access is offered in public areas. For business travelers, the hotel provides a computer station and over 35,000 square feet (3,251 square meters) of meeting space including an 8,800-square-foot (817-square-meter) ornate Crystal Ballroom.
Milwaukee Chophouse, a dinner-only restaurant, offers a classic steakhouse menu and ambiance. Miller Time Pub, with brick floors and large wooden booths, serves casual fare, including its popular Beer Cheddar Soup. The Monarch Lounge offers signature cocktails and small plates in a comfortable setting with a fireplace and live jazz piano music in the evenings.
The Hilton Milwaukee City Center is a smoke-free property (fines apply for violations).
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of bars/lounges - 3
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Computer station
- Free WiFi
- Total number of rooms - 729
- Luggage storage
- Meeting rooms 10
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 24
- Picnic area
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (feet) - 35000
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Conference space size (meters) - 3252
- Conference center
- Smoke-free property
- Wedding services
- 24-hour business center
- Year Built 1928
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Microwave (on request)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Pillowtop mattress
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free weekday newspaper
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- Microwave (on request)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Flat-panel TV
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Shower/tub combination
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
Where to Eat
Milwaukee Chophouse - This traditional steakhouse offers fresh seafood and an extensive wine list. Open for dinner Monday-Saturday. Reservations recommended.
Miller Time Pub and Grill - Named after the brew that made Milwaukee famous, this brass-and-wood pub has brick floors, large booths, and multiple TVs tuned to sporting events. The pub offers a selection of burgers and draught beers. Menu items also include Beer Cheddar Soup made with Miller beer and Wisconsin cheddar, appetizers, and hot and cold sandwiches. Happy hour offered. Open from late morning to late evening.
Monarch Lounge - With a stone and metal fireplace, this comfortable lounge offers signature cocktails, a happy hour, and a bar-style menu of small plates. Guests can enjoy live jazz piano music in the evenings. Food service is available Monday-Saturday from 4-10 PM.
Hilton Café - This casual dining venue offers breakfast buffets and an à la carte menu.
Starbucks - Indoor seating. Coffee, drinks, pastries, and hot breakfast sandwiches. Open from early morning to late evening.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel's complimentary fitness center includes cardio machines with individual TVs.
The Lake Michigan waterfront, less than a mile away, offers a well-tended running and biking path. Seasonal water sports include sailing, water skiing, parasailing, motor boating, and kayaking.
The Milwaukee County Golf Courses is a network of 15 courses arranged in skill-level categories. Many have driving ranges and practice areas. The hotel concierge can assist with scheduling tee times.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 4 children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 35 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per pet, per stay (maximum USD 50 per stay)
- Dogs only
- 1 per room (up to 75 lb)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Parking height restrictions apply
- Breakfast fee: between USD 5 and USD 50 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 25 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 50 per pet, per stay (maximum USD 50 per stay)
- Late check-out fee: USD 50
- Refrigerator fee: USD 35 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 35 per stay
- Hilton Milwaukee City Center
- Milwaukee City Center Hilton
- Hilton Milwaukee City Hotel Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Hilton
- Hilton Milwaukee City Center Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Milwaukee City Center
We should mention
Up to 4 children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.