Get an overview of this hotelMilwaukee Romanesque-revival overlooks Lake Michigan
+VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
Expedia +gold members receive free room upgrades and +gold and +silver members get other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Opened in 1893, this grand dame of Milwaukee is set in the financial district, 3 blocks from the Lake Michigan waterfront, and within 8 blocks of cultural, entertainment, and convention venues.
Spa, salon, and pool
The Pfister Hotel's WELL Spa includes 11 private treatment suites, a hair salon, and a 24-hour fitness center. On the 23rd floor, surrounded by glass windows, an indoor pool offers panoramic city and lake views.
2-poster beds, Wi-Fi
Guestrooms are decorated with period-style furnishings and rich fabrics. All provide two-poster beds with Egyptian-cotton linens and pillowtop mattresses, bathrooms with marble vanities, as well as wireless & broadband Internet (surcharge).Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Pfister Hotel424 E Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee WI 53202
Three blocks from Lake Michigan, The Pfister is within eight blocks of Milwaukee's convention, cultural, financial, and sporting venues. Dating from 1893, this grand dame hotel is cocooned in Victorian splendor, with an ornate lobby and a large selection of period art.
WELL Spa, with 11 private suites and a boutique, offers treatments such as Dairy State of Mind, Peace Core, massages and the Hammam Experience Shower. A range of body and facial treatments, salon services, waxing, and makeup application are also available (surcharges for all). Within the spa is a fitness center, which is complimentary for hotel guests. Glass windows and panoramic views surround the 23rd-floor indoor lap pool.
Also on the 23rd floor, Blu specializes in martinis and wine flights. Mason Street Grill showcases wood-grilled steaks and chops and a Continental-style café overlooks the passing parade on Jefferson Street. A full breakfast is served daily, from 6 AM to 11 AM. Hotel shops include a menswear store, women's boutique, and florist. A 24-hour business center and conference center are available, and complimentary newspapers are available in the lobby. This hotel is pet-friendly (surcharges apply). Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the property; fines apply for violations.
- 24-hour front desk
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges - 3
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Concierge services
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Fireplace in lobby
- Full-service spa
- Turkish bath/Hammam
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Luggage storage
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms 22
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 13
- Total number of rooms - 307
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference center
- Year Built 1893
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 25000
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Conference space size (meters) - 2323
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Indoor pool
- Wedding services
- Television in common areas
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per 24-hour period ), Wired internet access ( USD 9.95 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per 24-hour period ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 9.95 per 24-hour period )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pillowtop mattress
- Premium TV channels
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free newspaper
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- iPod docking station
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Shower/tub combination
- Video-game console
- Room service (24 hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Plasma TV
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
Where to Eat
Mason Street Grill - Classic American-style grill with bar, and views of the city. Wood-grilled steaks and chops, creative sandwiches, and house-made desserts. Open for lunch and dinner.
Café Pfister - Varied menu including traditional breakfast items, housemade soups and seasonal salads, as well as housemade pastries and desserts, with views of the city. Low-carb and heart-healthy options. Coffee, breakfast, lunch and dinner, including a children's menu, are available.
The Rouge - Lavish Sunday Champagne brunch. Over 40 items including carving stations, made-to-order pasta, omelettes, fresh fruits, cheeses, and decadent desserts, as well as Mimosas and signature Bloody Marys. Reservations recommended.
Lobby Lounge - A carved fireplace and comfortable sofas. Live piano music evenings and during the weekday lunch hour. Open for beverages and light appetizers until 1 AM.
Blu - On the hotel's 23rd floor, with panoramic views of downtown Milwaukee and Lake Michigan. Enjoy classic cocktails, Martinis and an extensive wine selection.
Room service - Available 24 hours.
Nearby Things to Do
In WELL Spa, the complimentary fitness center provides treadmills, stair machines, elliptical trainers, weight-training machines, and free weights. Glass windows and panoramic views surround an indoor lap pool on the 23rd floor.
The hotel is three blocks from Lake Michigan's well-maintained lakefront path where bicycles and inline skates can be rented. Seasonal water sports at the lake includes sailing, personal watercraft, windsurfing, and kayaking.
Open to the public, the Milwaukee County Golf Courses are a network of 15 courses arranged in skill-level categories. Many have driving ranges and practice areas. The hotel concierge can assist with planning tee times.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Rafting nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Parasailing nearby
The WELL Spa is a new urban oasis for nourishing mind, body and soul. From the blending of aromatics to the selection of music, guests indulge in an experience of pure luxury. The WELL Spa, located on the first floor of the Pfister Hotel, provides health and wellness services, featuring couples treatment rooms, a spa tub and a Turkish bath/Hammam.
- Spa tub in spa
- Minimum age to access spa is 16
- Number of treatment rooms 11
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for USD 20 per stay.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 100.00 per accommodation, per stay
- Dogs and cats only
- 1 per room (up to 75.00 lb)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 7 and USD 17 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 25 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 30 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 100.00 per accommodation, per stay
- Refrigerator fee: USD 50 per night
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 20 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per night
- Hotel Pfister
- Pfister Hotel
- Pfister Hotel Milwaukee
- Pfister Milwaukee
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.