Visiting Mines City
Visitors to Mines City are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's lakeside setting and golf courses. Top sights around the area include Petaling Street, Merdeka Square, and Malaysian Houses of Parliament.
- There are 2106 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Subang (SZB-Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah), 11.9 mi (19.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kuala Lumpur (KUL-Kuala Lumpur Intl.), 19.3 mi (31 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mines City
A favorite place to visit in the city is The Mines Golf Club. In the area, you'll also find Petaling Street and Merdeka Square.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Philea Mines Beach Resort - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Malaysian Houses of Parliament, 8.2 mi/13.1 km from the city center, and Petronas Twin Towers, which is 8.3 mi/13.4 km away.
Dressing for Mines City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 91°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 73°F at night
- About 3.15 inches of rain falls on Mines City each year
- Hottest months are usually March and February with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 72°F