Get an overview of this hotelThe Westin Minneapolis hotel is located one-half block from Nicollet Mall.
This downtown Minneapolis business hotel is near the US Bank Stadium, Target Field, the Minneapolis Convention Center, Nicollet Mall, and the Target Center.
Built in 1941, the historic 214 room property features 34-foot vaulted ceilings in the lobby, conference rooms, 24-hour room service, a 24-hour fitness facility, an indoor pool, spa tub, and B.A.N.K Restaurant and Bar.
Our Heavenly Room Amenities
Westin Minneapolis guestrooms offer the Westin Heavenly Bed and Rain Shower Bath, LED HD TVs, laptop compatible in-room safes, mini-refrigerator, and wired and wireless Internet access.Would you like to give us feedback? Share it! Opens in a new window
The Westin Minneapolis88 South 6th Street Minneapolis MN 55402
Built in 1941, the Westin Minneapolis is in downtown Minneapolis, within blocks of Target Center, Target Field, US Bank Stadium, Nicollet Mall, connected to Minneapolis's skyway system, and half a block from the Light Rail Station. It inhabits the city's historic Farmers and Mechanics Bank Building and retains the building's original lobby, with 34-foot vaulted ceilings, a marble staircase, and carved wood decorations.
The hotel features our fitness studio which is open 24 hours a day offering our Westin Workout Gear Lending Program. The property also offers a stainless steel indoor pool and spa tub.
Room service is available 24 hours a day. BANK Restaurant and Bar offers a wide range of food, with an emphasis on innovative versions of classics made with fresh, local ingredients. Private dining is also available.
Wireless Internet access is available (surcharge). The Haven business center is open 24 hours a day; among other services, it provides remote printing. Meeting space is available for large and small groups, as is audiovisual equipment, banquet facilities, and event catering. A concierge desk is on site, and an airport shuttle is available on request (surcharge).
- 24-hour business center
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Computer station
- Concierge services
- Conference center
- Conference space
- Conference space size (feet) - 9,305
- Conference space size (meters) - 1
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Free WiFi
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Indoor pool
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Luggage storage
- Meeting rooms 15
- Multilingual staff
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Number of floors - 11
- Number of meeting rooms - 15
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Smoke-free property
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Spa tub
- Television in common areas
- Total number of rooms - 214
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1941
Family Friendly Amenities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Indoor pool
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( $13.95 per 24-hour period ), Wired internet access ( $13.95 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Free newspaper
- Free toiletries
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Daily housekeeping
- Digital TV service
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- First-run movies
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room massage available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Iron/ironing board
- LED TV
- Pay movies
- Pillow menu
- Pillowtop mattress
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Rainfall showerhead
- Room service (24 hours)
- Turndown service
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
Where to Eat
BANK Restaurant & Bar - Located in the lobby of the hotel and features 34-foot vaulted ceilings and original art-deco chandeliers. The restaurant showcases an open kitchen, a long communal table, intimate lounge seating, and traditional dining room seating. Menu varies with the seasons and includes fresh, locally produced ingredients. Signature rotisserie ensures juicy poultry in handcrafted sandwiches and salads. Five private dining rooms are available for groups of up to 22 for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational activities at the hotel include access to the 24-hour fitness studio, indoor stainless steel pool, and spa tub.
Guests have their pick of many nearby recreational activities, including sledding, skiing, snowboarding and ice fishing.
- Golfing nearby
- Downhill skiing nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
- Snowboarding nearby
- Snowmobiling nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Ski lessons available nearby
- Ski equipment rental shops nearby
- Sledding nearby
- Snow tubing nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Number of treatment rooms 1
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the "Special or Accessibility Requests" section of "Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is Noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children under 18 years old stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 30 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets stay free
- Dogs only
- 2 per room (up to 40 lb)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
Pets allowed (no fees)
Parking height restrictions apply
The hotel requires credit card or debit card authorization at check-in to register and for incidentals. Any unused funds authorized on debit cards may take up to 14 business days after check-out to become available.
- Deposit: USD 200.00 per stay
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 16.95 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 13.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 13.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 41 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30 per day
- Minneapolis Westin
- Westin Hotel Minneapolis
- Westin Minneapolis
- The Westin Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.