Travelers to Minuwangoda will find plenty to explore and enjoy. A top sight in the area is Negombo Beach.
- There are 595 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 4.7 mi (7.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Minuwangoda
Negombo Beach is a notable place to visit in the region. In the area, you'll also find Henerathgoda Botanical Garden and Angurukaramulla Temple.
As you make plans for a getaway to Minuwangoda, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 290 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Sanri Villa is 2 mi (3.3 km) from central Minuwangoda. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Minuwangoda can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Cinnamon Red Colombo is located 19.2 mi (30.8 km) from the heart of Minuwangoda. This 3.5-star hotel in Colombo features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Galle Face Hotel is 18.8 mi (30.3 km) from the center of Minuwangoda. This 5-star hotel in Colombo features a full-service spa, 7 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
Dressing for Minuwangoda
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 91°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- Minuwangoda gets about 2.44 inches of rain per year
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 72°F