Visiting Mitchell's Plein
Those traveling to Mitchell's Plein are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. Around the area, top sights include Table Mountain, Newlands Stadium, and Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens.
- There are 2256 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Cape Town (CPT-Cape Town Intl.), 5.7 mi (9.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mitchell's Plein
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Table Mountain, Newlands Stadium, and Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens. In the area, you'll also find Boulders Beach and Castle of Good Hope.
As you plan your vacation to Mitchell's Plein, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 88 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Park Inn by Radisson Cape Town Foreshore is 14.4 mi (23.2 km) from central Mitchell's Plein. This 4-star hotel in Cape Town features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- Radisson Blu Le Vendome Hotel is located 16.3 mi (26.3 km) from the heart of Mitchell's Plein. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Cape Town can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hippo Boutique Hotel is 14.7 mi (23.7 km) from the center of Mitchell's Plein. This 4-star hotel in Cape Town features 3 restaurants, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
Outside the city, popular places to see include South African National Gallery, located 14.4 mi (23.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Greenmarket Square, which is 14.5 mi (23.4 km) away.
Getting Around Mitchell's Plein
Head to Mitchell's Plain Station for metro transit. If you'd like to explore around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Mitchell's Plein
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 56°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 54°F at night
- About 0.75 inches of rain falls on Mitchell's Plein each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 46°F