Find Hotels in Mohonk Lake, NY
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 24, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 11, 2020
Visiting Mohonk Lake
Visitors can enjoy all that Mohonk Lake has to offer including its mountain views. There are 196 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Newburgh, NY (SWF-Stewart Intl.), 20.3 mi (32.7 km) from the city center. The next closest is in White Plains, NY (HPN-Westchester County), 54.6 mi (87.9 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Mohonk Lake
Places to visit in the larger region include New Paltz Golf Course, Testimonial Gateway, and Huguenot Street Historic District. In the area, you'll also find Century House Historical Society and G. Steve Jordan Gallery.
As you make plans for a getaway to Mohonk Lake, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 47 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Americas Best Value Inn-New Paltz is 4.8 mi (7.7 km) from the city's heart. This 2-star motel in New Paltz features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Hampton Inn by Hilton New Paltz is located 4.8 mi (7.7 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in New Paltz can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
Dressing for Mohonk Lake
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 15°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Mohonk Lake is 46.61 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F