Visiting Monhegan Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Monhegan Island has to offer including its art. There are 188 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Rockland, ME (RKD-Knox County Regional), 23.2 mi (37.3 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Wiscasset, ME (ISS), 24.3 mi (39.2 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Monhegan Island
Places to visit in the larger region include Pemaquid Point Lighthouse Park, Rachel Carson Salt Pond Preserve, and La Verna Preserve. You'll also find Pemaquid Beach Park and Colonial Pemaquid State Historic Site in the area.
As you plan your trip to Monhegan Island, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 188 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Monhegan Island Retreat - Spacious, 4 Bedrooms, Fireplace, Decks and Views! is 0.6 mi (1 km) from central Monhegan Island. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Southport can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable rooms.
- Ocean Gate Resort is 18.6 mi (29.9 km) from the center of Monhegan Island. This 2-star hotel in Boothbay Harbor features a marina, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Our customers like its beach locale and overall value.
- CAP N FISH'S WATERFRONT INN is located 16.7 mi (26.9 km) from the heart of Monhegan Island. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Boothbay Harbor can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Monhegan Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 48°F and the nighttime average to be 13°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 17°F at night
- Monhegan Island gets about 1.65 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 16°F