Families will find kid-friendly activities in Monroeville, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its entertainment choices, temples, and university setting. Top sights around the area include PNC Park, Monongahela Incline, and Heinz Field.
- You'll find 268 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Pittsburgh
- The closest major airport is in Latrobe, PA (LBE-Arnold Palmer Regional), 22.5 mi (36.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Pittsburgh, PA (PIT-Pittsburgh Intl.), 25.6 mi (41.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Monroeville
The city is notable for its temples and landmarks such as Sri Venkateswara Temple. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Monroeville Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. In the area, you'll also find PNC Park and Monongahela Incline.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Monroeville. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh - Monroeville - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Monroeville - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool.
- Comfort Suites Monroeville - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and room size.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Heinz Field, 12.7 mi/20.4 km from the city center, and Duquesne Incline, which is 12.9 mi/20.7 km away.
Dressing for Monroeville
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 23°F at night
- Monroeville gets about 39.29 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 23°F