Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelScenic locale steps from Fisherman's Wharf
Popular property highlights
Near Cannery Row
Just 200 yards from Fisherman's Wharf, this resort borders Custom House Plaza, with the beach and sparkling bay just beyond; Cannery Row and the aquarium are a short walk away.
The English Rose Facial and Warm Riverstone Massage are among the treatments offered by the resort's acclaimed spa. Other highlights include an in-house microbrewery, fireside dining, and kayak rentals.
The 379 guestrooms and suites at Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay feature premium bedding, 42-inch flat-screen TVs, and eco-friendly bath amenities.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay
Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay welcomes guests with complimentary warm homemade chocolate chip cookies at check-in.
Found in a historically rich setting, this property features wireless Internet access in the lobby, 8 meeting rooms, 3 restaurants, a pub, and a lounge. The outdoor plaza offers boutiques, gift shops, and galleries. Self-parking and valet parking are available on site (fees apply). Dogs are welcome for a fee; service animals are exempt. The hotel also offers a free children's self-guided program, conference space, multilingual staff, and 24-hour front desk.
- Free shopping center shuttle
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Business center
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms 8
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Outdoor pool
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 5574
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- Hair salon
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 60000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Total number of rooms - 379
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Number of floors - 7
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 9
- Multilingual staff
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pool
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per 24-hour period ), Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per night )
Long-term parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Room service (limited hours)
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathtub or shower
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Cable TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (free)
- LCD TV
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Pillowtop mattress
Where to Eat
Jacks Monterey - Our new restaurant and lobby bar welcomes patrons for lunch and dinner in the redesigned atrium lobby. Enjoy "California Cultural Cuisine" which reflects the melting pot of ethnicity that is exemplified in both California and America. The result is a wide-ranging, palate-pleasing menu of different flavor profiles unique to cultures from around the world, all created with sustainable conscious ingredients found throughout Monterey County. Unwind after a long day and enjoy a premium cocktail or a glass of wine from our selection of premium Monterey County wines while enjoying small plates. Open daily for lunch and dinner.
Peter B's Craft Brewery - Monterey's original craft brewery is located in downtown Monterey behind the Portola Hotel & Spa. Offering award winning craft beer brewed onsite, sports on 18 HDTV's and a pub menu stocked with delicious menu items fit to pair with your favorite style of beer. Peter B's Craft Brewery offers daily happy hour starting at 4pm, a private barrel room for special events and fire pits on the pet friendly heated patio. See what's brewing at Peter B's Craft Brewery! Open for dinner every day; open for lunch Saturday's and Sunday's.
The Club Room - Located inside the Portola Hotel & Spa, The Club Room offers a daily European style breakfast buffet, featuring made-to-order omelets, house made pastries, bottomless mimosas and more. Dine on the pet friendly, heated patio boasting a fire pit and patio seating and enjoy the fresh coastal breeze from the Monterey Bay. A hot and cold breakfast buffet is served daily from 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
Nearby Things to Do
Hotel guests can access the spa’s 24-hour fitness center and pool located at the adjacent spa.
In addition to its proximity to Monterey’s marquee attractions, including the Monterey Bay Aquarium, Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay provides convenient access to the Path of History, a historical tour depicting Monterey as the first state capital of California, which passes through the hotel’s waterfront plaza; scenic running and bike paths immediately adjacent to the hotel; nearby sea kayaking and paddle boarding facilities; the Monterey Maritime and History Museum; Memory Gardens; and the Pacific House Museum. Monterey is home to 18 championship golf courses, including Pebble Beach Golf Links, Del Monte Golf Course, Spyglass Hill Golf Course, and Links at Spanish Bay, which are all less than six miles from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Ecotours nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Steam room in spa
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-in time ends at 2 AM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per accommodation, per night (maximum USD 100 per stay)
- 2 per room (up to 150 lb)
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 20 for adults and USD 5.95 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 20.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 23.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Extended parking fee: USD 25 per night
- Pet fee: USD 50 per accommodation, per night (maximum USD 100 per stay)
- Hotel Portola
- Monterey Bay Portola Hotel
- Portola Hotel
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay
- Portola Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
We should mention
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.