Looking for a quiet, private getaway? Welcome to Melody Lake! This is a cozy 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom home located in a private community in Forestburgh, NY. You are a 3 minute walk to a very small non-motorized private lake. This lake is conducive to boating, kayaking, however, not for swimming. You are an 8 minute drive to the Casino at Resorts World Catskills, a 25 minute drive to Bethel Woods and are surrounded by local lakes, rivers and hunting grounds to meet your wildlife desires. There are also excellent restaurants in the area (within 15 mins). Upon your booking you will have access to a binder with information of the local attractions.
We provide all of the home essentials you may need so you will feel right at home. This includes:
- Heating: Pellet Stove and space heaters for each bedroom
- Cooling: Portable A/C Unit
- Linens, towels, soap, shampoo, paper towels, toilet paper, garbage bags
- Cookware, silverware, dishes, spices, oil, Keurig w/ Kcups
- Dishwasher, microwave, toaster, electric stove, full size refrigerator and freezer
- Washer/Dryer with detergent
- Gas Grill on the deck with outdoor seating
Each bedroom contains a queen size bed. Each bedroom has a dresser for clothing storage.
The neighborhood is very quiet. Many of the locals use these homes as Summer homes. However, you will be next door to some very friendly people who live here year round.
Be aware, the house sits on a corner lot. The address is Hemlock Drive, however the home faces Hickory Lane. This can be confusing when arriving at night.
You will have access to a 12 ft. rowboat with oars. This will be located down by the lake.
This retreat is great for couples or a few friends. Enjoy the quietness of Melody Lake!