Get an overview of this hotelIn the center of Old Montréal
+VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
Expedia +Platinum members receive free room upgrades and +Platinum and +gold members get other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
In Old Montréal
Housed within a converted 1800s bank building, this European-style boutique hotel is in Montréal's historic district, surrounded by fine restaurants and shops, and 4 blocks from the Old Port.
Hotel Le St-James Montréal has complimentary newspapers and shoe shine service. Concierge service, valet parking, room service, and reception are available 24 hours. The hotel also offers complimentary wireless Internet access.
Lap of luxury
Furnished with fine art and antiques, the spacious guestrooms at Hotel Le St-James Montréal provide views of the historic city. Beds are topped with Frette Italian linens and down duvets. Marble bathrooms feature walk-in showers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Hotel Le St-James Montréal355 Saint-Jacques Street Montreal QC H2Y1N9
Renovations & Closures
Located in Old Montréal, Hotel Le St-James Montréal is surrounded by fine shops and restaurants.
The hotel occupies a handsome bank building built in 1870; its original sculptures and moldings have been restored. The elite day spa was formerly the bank's vault and it has retained the original stone walls. Spa services feature products by Pevonia, a Swiss skincare line that uses botanical ingredients. The fitness area is equipped with cardio machines and weight-training equipment. Use of the fitness center, sauna, and steam rooms is complimentary one hour before or after any treatment at the spa.
Serving daily breakfast, XO Restaurant features an opulent dining room with crystal chandeliers, two mezzanines, and intimate dining alcoves.
In the hotel's lobby, a library offers a sitting area, collections of historical and contemporary books, upscale magazines, and a wide variety of daily newspapers. Complimentary wired and wireless (high-speed) Internet access is also available. Child care is available, as is an airport shuttle (with advanced notice).
- Airport transportation
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 60
- Number of floors - 12
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Health club
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (feet) - 6351
- Spa services on site
- Steam room
- Fireplace in lobby
- Year Built 1870
- Conference space size (meters) - 590
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( CAD 20 per night ), Wired internet access ( CAD 20 per night )
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room massage available
- iPod docking station
- Premium bedding
- Turndown service
- Room service (24 hours)
- Down comforter
- Frette Italian sheets
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Sleep Number by Select Comfort mattress
Where to Eat
XO Restaurant - Ornate dining room with two mezzanines, intimate alcoves, and crystal chandeliers. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. Saturday and Sunday brunch. Bar open daily from early afternoon to late evening.
Room service - Available 24 hours.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel's fitness room is equipped with cardio machines, a weight-training machine, and free weights. Guests can enjoy complimentary use of the fitness center, sauna, and steam room one hour prior to or after their treatment appointment at the spa (upon availability).
This Montréal hotel is four blocks from running and cycling paths along the Old Port. Beautiful Mount Royal Park, 5.5 km (3.5 mi) away, offers cross-country skiing, ice skating, hiking, biking, birdwatching, pedal-boating, and numerous other recreational activities.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Facial treatments
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at 3 AM
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of CAD 40.00 per pet, per night
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- Breakfast fee: CAD 25 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 20 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): CAD 20 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 35 per night
- Pet fee: CAD 40.00 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 50 per day
- Hotel Le St-James Montréal
- Hotel Le St-James Montréal Montreal
- Hotel St-James Montréal
- Le St-James Montréal
- Le St-James Montréal Montreal
- Hotel St-James Montréal Montreal
- St-James Montréal Montreal
- St-James Montréal
- Le St James Hotel
- Hotel Le St James
We should mention
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. This property offers transfers from the airport. Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- Hotel Le St-James Montréal is listed in the 2011 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.