Get an overview of this hotelIn the center of Old Montréal
Popular property highlights
In Old Montréal
Housed within a converted 1800s bank building, this European-style boutique hotel is in Montréal's historic district, surrounded by fine restaurants and shops, and 4 blocks from the Old Port.
Hotel Le St-James Montréal has complimentary newspapers and shoe shine service. Concierge service, valet parking, room service, and reception are available 24 hours. The hotel also offers complimentary wireless Internet access.
Lap of luxury
Furnished with fine art and antiques, the spacious guestrooms at Hotel Le St-James Montréal provide views of the historic city. Beds are topped with Frette Italian linens and down duvets. Marble bathrooms feature walk-in showers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Hotel Le St-James Montréal
Located in Old Montréal, Hotel Le St-James Montréal is surrounded by fine shops and restaurants.
The hotel occupies a handsome bank building built in 1870; its original sculptures and moldings have been restored. The elite day spa was formerly the bank's vault and it has retained the original stone walls. Spa services feature products by Pevonia, a Swiss skincare line that uses botanical ingredients. The fitness area is equipped with cardio machines and weight-training equipment. Use of the fitness center, sauna, and steam rooms is complimentary one hour before or after any treatment at the spa.
Serving daily breakfast, XO Restaurant features an opulent dining room with crystal chandeliers, two mezzanines, and intimate dining alcoves.
In the hotel's lobby, a library offers a sitting area, collections of historical and contemporary books, upscale magazines, and a wide variety of daily newspapers. Complimentary wired and wireless (high-speed) Internet access is also available. Child care is available, as is an airport shuttle (with advanced notice).
- Babysitting or childcare
- 24-hour front desk
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Year Built 1870
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Steam room
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Health club
- Free wired Internet
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 590
- Spa services on site
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Conference space size (feet) - 6351
- Airport transportation
- Total number of rooms - 60
- Number of floors - 12
- Multilingual staff
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: ,
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room massage available
- iPod docking station
- Premium bedding
- Turndown service
- Room service (24 hours)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Down comforter
- Frette Italian sheets
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Sleep Number by Select Comfort mattress
Where to Eat
XO Restaurant - Ornate dining room with two mezzanines, intimate alcoves, and crystal chandeliers. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. Saturday and Sunday brunch. Bar open daily from early afternoon to late evening.
Room service - Available 24 hours.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel's fitness room is equipped with cardio machines, a weight-training machine, and free weights. Guests can enjoy complimentary use of the fitness center, sauna, and steam room one hour prior to or after their treatment appointment at the spa (upon availability).
This Montréal hotel is four blocks from running and cycling paths along the Old Port. Beautiful Mount Royal Park, 5.5 km (3.5 mi) away, offers cross-country skiing, ice skating, hiking, biking, birdwatching, pedal-boating, and numerous other recreational activities.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at 3 AM
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for CAD 50 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of CAD 40.00 per pet, per night
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for full breakfast: CAD 35 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 20 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: CAD 20 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 35 per night
- Pet fee: CAD 40.00 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 50 per night
- Hotel Le St-James Montréal
- Hotel Le St-James Montréal Montreal
- Hotel St-James Montréal
- Le St-James Montréal
- Le St-James Montréal Montreal
- Hotel St-James Montréal Montreal
- St-James Montréal Montreal
- St-James Montréal
- Le St James Hotel
- Hotel Le St James
We should mention
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- Hotel Le St-James Montréal is listed in the 2011 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.