Visitors can enjoy all that Moorpark has to offer including the restaurants, shopping, and golf courses. A top sight in the area is Six Flags Magic Mountain.
- There are 430 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Santa Paula, CA (SZP), 11.5 mi (18.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Oxnard, CA (OXR), 20.9 mi (33.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Moorpark
A favorite place to visit in the city is Ronald Reagan Presidential Library. Additionally, you'll find Six Flags Magic Mountain in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Moorpark, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 24 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Motel 6 Los Angeles - Sylmar is located 22.3 mi (35.8 km) from the heart of Moorpark. Guests who stay at this 2-star motel in Sylmar can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to shopping.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Clarita-Valencia is 17.9 mi (28.8 km) from central Moorpark. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Stevenson Ranch can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Grand Vista Hotel is 5.1 mi (8.2 km) from the center of Moorpark. This 3-star hotel in Simi Valley features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and beach locale.
Getting Around Moorpark
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Moorpark Station. Moorpark might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Moorpark
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 43°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 78°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 42°F
- Average annual rainfall for Moorpark is 0.43 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 44°F