Posted Aug 30, 2015 on Hotels
Terrible! Dirt on heater, wallpaper was peeling off, mattress was so worn that it sunk in the middle. Owner said they were remodeling. Rooms should not be available in this condition. Worst place I've stayed. Should give us a refund. Felt like the room was a safety hazard. Sink was in bedroom, with light fixture above it. There was an old-fashioned pull-chain switch for the fixture, but it didn't work. In order to turn off light, we had to unscrew bulbs (5 or 6 light bulbs)! There was an extension cord and an electrical strip with several things plugged into them. There was no drinking water in room, and no ice bucket or instructions on how to get ice and water! We checked in late, and there was no information in the room with instructions about where the continental breakfast was. Assumed it was downstairs, so went downstairs. There was a hot breakfast being set up, but owner said the continental breakfast was upstairs, across from our room. Hot breakfast was for the Rotary Club. We found sign for the continental breakfast once we got back upstairs, but it was NOT in a conspicuous place. Coffee was set up in coffeemaker, ready to be made, but wasn't made yet. We couldn't wait for the coffee to be made, so just grabbed a few items to eat on the road. Found drinking water in that room, in a dispenser. It was almost empty, and it was not cold, even though it was on cold setting!