History buffs will enjoy exploring Morristown, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and bars. A top sight in the area is Prudential Center.
- You'll find 80 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Parsippany
- The closest major airport is in Morristown, NJ (MMU-Morristown Municipal), 3.1 mi (5.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Caldwell, NJ (CDW-Essex County), 11.9 mi (19.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Morristown
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like First Baptist Church, Fort Nonsense, and St. Peter's Episcopal Church. The city's natural beauty is on display at Morristown Green, Macculloch Hall, and Acorn Hall. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Inline Morristown and Mayo Performing Arts Center.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Morristown. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Madison Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- Best Western Plus Morristown Inn - Our customers like the central location and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking. Expedia customers like its bar.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Prudential Center, 16.8 mi/27 km from the center of the city.
Getting Around Morristown
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Morristown Station. Morristown might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Morristown
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 56°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 19°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- About 50.43 inches of rain falls on Morristown each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F