Visiting Mount Charleston
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Mount Charleston, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its mountain views. A top sight in the city is Red Rock Canyon.
- There are 485 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Las Vegas, NV (VGT-North Las Vegas), 23.3 mi (37.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Las Vegas, NV (LAS-McCarran Intl.), 25.8 mi (41.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Charleston
The hiking trails and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Red Rock Canyon, Spring Mountain Ranch State Park, and Spring Mountains National Recreation Area. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Toiyabe National Forest and Mount Charleston Wilderness Area.
Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Bonnie Springs Ranch Motel - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Las Vegas Convention Center, located 25.4 mi (40.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Las Vegas Mini Grand Prix, which is 20.7 mi (33.2 km) away.
Dressing for Mount Charleston
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 71°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 98°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 101°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 33°F at night
- About 0.20 inches of rain falls on Mount Charleston each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 99°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 35°F