Visiting Mount Lemmon
Visitors can enjoy all that Mount Lemmon has to offer including the mountain views and ski areas. A top sight in the area is Arizona Stadium.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Mount Lemmon
- The closest major airport is in Tucson, AZ (TUS-Tucson Intl.), 23 mi (37 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tucson, AZ (AVW-Marana Regional), 29.2 mi (46.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Lemmon
The picturesque setting of Coronado National Forest and Sabino Canyon exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mt Lemmon Ski Valley and Mt. Lemmon SkyCenter Observatory.
As you make plans for a getaway to Mount Lemmon, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 137 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Mt. Lemmon Hideaway Retreat is 3.8 mi (6.2 km) from central Mount Lemmon. This 3-star resort in Casas Adobes features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
- Large Family Oriented Cabin, Built for Easy Living and People who Love to Cook is located 3.9 mi (6.3 km) from the heart of Mount Lemmon. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Tucson can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Gorgeous Mountain Home #2 is 3.9 mi (6.3 km) from the center of Mount Lemmon. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Tucson can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and WiFi.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Arizona Stadium, 17.9 mi/28.8 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Mount Lemmon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 50°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 20°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 63°F as the daytime average and 18°F as the nighttime average
- Mount Lemmon gets about 0.43 inches of rain per year
- June and July are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 21°F