Visiting Mount Vernon
Travelers to Mount Vernon give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals and cafés. A top sight in the city is Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest.
- There are 110 hotels and other accommodations in Mount Vernon
- The closest major airport is in Bellingham, WA (BLI-Bellingham Intl.), 27.5 mi (44.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lopez Island, WA (LPS), 27.8 mi (44.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Vernon
Well-known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Children's Museum of Skagit County, La Conner Quilt & Textile Museum, and Anacortes Community Theatre. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest, Skagit River Park Playfields, and Bay View State Park. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Cascade Mall and The Outlet Shoppes at Burlington.
In Mount Vernon, you'll be able to select from 110 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Nantucket Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- The Heron Inn & Day Spa - Our customers like the quiet location and clean rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Burlington - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Top places to see outside the city include Seattle Premium Outlets, located 23.5 mi (37.7 km) from the city center, and Bellis Fair Mall, which is 26.1 mi (42 km) away.
Getting Around Mount Vernon
With so many ways to get around, seeing Mount Vernon is easy. To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Mount Vernon Station or Stanwood Station. You can catch a ferry to see more of the region.
Dressing for Mount Vernon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 56°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 71°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 64°F as the daytime average and 34°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Mount Vernon is 33.19 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 73°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F