NEVER, EVER AGAIN
Posted Apr 26, 2016 on Hotels
We booked a ground floor, king-size, non-smoking room. Five minutes after we would have been allowed to cancel for a refund the desk clerk called to tell us there were no ground floors (my wife sometimes needs wheelchair assistance). With no choice but to take this hotel, we have to be at her doctors the next morning and can't afford to cancel, we show up anyway. We get up the stairs and it's a smoking room, my wife has asthma, sleep apnea and is allergic to smoke. As it is now 2am and we need to leave at 9am, we just go to sleep. We try to find a lamp to turn on so we can crawl in to bed. No such luck! We end up walking like zombies in the dark bumping in to things until we find the bed. The t.v. could have shed light except my wife found the remote control under the bed later. We wake up in the morning and we notice there are ash trays in each room area and there is no smoke detector...in a smoking room!There was a fridge and a microwave, but none of the other accommodations as mentioned, not even an alarm clock. The entire room/hotel smelled like smoke and was very unclean. I forgot to get a photo, but the tub was disgusting and stained beyond fixing.