Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelLuxury lodge with 2 outdoor pools and full-service spa
Popular property highlights
Situated in the mountains, this luxury lodge is 17 mi (27.4 km) from Jessica the Hippo and 22.3 mi (35.9 km) from Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre.
2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a restaurant are available at this lodge. Free WiFi in public areas and free self parking are also provided. Other amenities include a bar/lounge, a business center, and a meeting room.
All rooms are individually decorated and offer pillowtop beds and ceiling fans. Other amenities that guests will find include Egyptian cotton sheets and coffee makers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Shikwari Game Reserve
Shikwari Game Reserve features 2 outdoor swimming pools. The lodge offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast. A computer station is located on site and wireless Internet access is complimentary.
This 4-star property offers access to a business center and a meeting room. This luxury lodge also offers a library, a terrace, and tour/ticket assistance. For a surcharge, a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) is offered to guests. Complimentary self parking is available on site.
Shikwari Game Reserve has designated areas for smoking.
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Express check-in
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Full-service spa
- Business center
- Free breakfast
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 2001
- Free self parking
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Pool sun loungers
- Computer station
- Luggage storage
- Concierge services
- Designated smoking areas
- Pool umbrellas
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 10
- One meeting room
- Number of floors - 1
- Number of buildings/towers - 11
- Wedding services
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Premium bedding
- Access via exterior corridors
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- Electric kettle
- Daily housekeeping
- Pillowtop mattress
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
Where to Eat
A complimentary breakfast is offered.
Shikwari Dining Room - This poolside bistro specializes in international cuisine and serves breakfast and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). Reservations are required. Open daily.
Nearby Things to Do
2 outdoor swimming pools are on site.
Children under 12 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool without adult supervision.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Game drive on site
- Rafting nearby
- Safari nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Cave exploring/spelunking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking on site
- Game viewing on site
- Ziplining nearby
Guests can indulge in a pampering treatment at the lodge's full-service spa. Services include deep-tissue massages, hot stone massages, massages, and facials.
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
Check-in time starts at 2:30 PM
Check-in time ends at 6 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Airport shuttle transfer per adult: ZAR 400 (one way)
- Transfer service fee per child: ZAR 200 (one way)
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 900.00 per person (roundtrip)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: ZAR 450.00 (roundtrip), (from 3 to 12 years old)
- Late check-out fee: ZAR 400
- Shikwari Bush Lodge & Pangolin Bush Camp
- Shikwari Bush Lodge & Pangolin Bush Camp Hoedspruit
- Shikwari Bush Pangolin Bush Camp
- Shikwari Bush Pangolin Bush Camp Hoedspruit
- Shikwari Game Reserve Country House Hoedspruit
- Shikwari Game Reserve Country House
- Shikwari Game Reserve Hoedspruit
- Shikwari Game Reserve
- Shikwari Game Reserve Lodge Hoedspruit
- Shikwari Game Reserve Lodge
- Shikwari Bush Lodge Pangolin Bush Camp
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 72 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the lodge prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa's official quality assurance organization.