Book your room at Shikwari Game Reserve
Get an overview of this hotelLuxury lodge with 2 outdoor pools and restaurant
Situated in the mountains, this luxury lodge is 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from Khamai Reptile Centre and within 25 mi (40 km) of Echo Caves and Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre.
Along with 2 outdoor pools, this lodge has a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Free WiFi in public areas and free self parking are also provided. Additionally, a business center, a meeting room, and dry cleaning are onsite.
All 9 individually decorated rooms feature pillowtop beds and minibars. Comforts include Egyptian cotton sheets and down comforters, and guests will also appreciate thoughtful touches like bathrobes and slippers.Would you like to give us feedback? Share it! Opens in a new window
Shikwari Game ReserveR36 J. G. Strydom Tunnel Road Valley of Olifants, Mopani District Hoedspruit Limpopo 1380
Shikwari Game Reserve features 2 outdoor swimming pools. The lodge offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary.
This 4-star property offers access to a business center and a meeting room. This luxury lodge also offers a library, a terrace, and tour/ticket assistance. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) and an area shuttle. Onsite self parking is complimentary.
Shikwari Game Reserve has designated areas for smoking.
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Pool umbrellas
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Computer station
- Designated smoking areas
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Free self parking
- Free WiFi
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Laundry facilities
- Luggage storage
- Number of buildings/towers - 11
- Number of floors - 1
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- One meeting room
- Pool sun loungers
- Total number of rooms - 9
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wedding services
- Year Built 2001
Family Friendly Amenities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
- Outdoor pools
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Access via exterior corridors
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free toiletries
- Daily housekeeping
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- In-room safe
- Individually decorated
- Individually furnished
- Pillowtop mattress
- Premium bedding
- Private bathroom
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Turndown service
Where to Eat
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6 AM and 9:30 AM.
Shikwari Dining Room - This poolside bistro specializes in local cuisine and serves breakfast and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). Reservations are required. Open daily.
Nearby Things to Do
2 outdoor swimming pools are on site.
Children under 12 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool without adult supervision.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Mountain biking on site
- Game viewing on site
- Game drive on site
- Safari on site
- Boat tours nearby
- Ziplining nearby
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 2:30 PM
Check-in time ends at 5:30 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 9:30 AM
- Pets not allowed (service dogs only)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Only service dogs are allowed
No cribs (infant beds) available
- Airport shuttle transfer per adult: ZAR 900.00 (roundtrip)
- New Year's Eve gala dinner fee
- Christmas Eve gala dinner fee
- Fee for full breakfast: ZAR R100.00 for adults and ZAR 50.00 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 900.00 per person (roundtrip)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: ZAR 400.00 (roundtrip), (from 3 to 12 years old)
- Rollaway bed fee: ZAR 100.00 per day
- Shikwari Bush Lodge & Pangolin Bush Camp
- Shikwari Bush Lodge & Pangolin Bush Camp Hoedspruit
- Shikwari Bush Pangolin Bush Camp
- Shikwari Bush Pangolin Bush Camp Hoedspruit
- Shikwari Game Reserve Country House Hoedspruit
- Shikwari Game Reserve Country House
- Shikwari Game Reserve Hoedspruit
- Shikwari Game Reserve
- Shikwari Game Reserve Lodge Hoedspruit
- Shikwari Game Reserve Lodge
- Shikwari Bush Lodge Pangolin Bush Camp
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 72 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. A fee for a mandatory Christmas Eve gala dinner is included in the total price displayed for stays on 24 December. A fee for a mandatory New Year's Eve gala dinner is included in the total price displayed for stays on 31 December. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa's official quality assurance organization.