A few friends and I, after being in quarantine for so long, decided to grab a house upstate for the weekend. Not picky at all, (which how can one be picky based on the photos uploaded to this house in 2013), we knew what we were getting ourselves into. All that mattered to us though was a pool, somewhere to sleep, and a chance to get away from NYC easily. Let me first start by saying, Shana and Stan were very responsive and helpful, however are quite delusional in thinking that anyone could stay in this house safely during a pandemic, despite the communication assuring the house would be cleanly and ready to go. Upon arrival, we walked into a trash of an experience. Firstly, nobody was there to check us in except the cleaning lady (whom unfortunately was a fill in and had no idea how to show us around the house, where keys were, etc.) The outside of the house hasn't been taken care of in years. Trash hidden under the front porch led to hungry animals at night, the long grass and humidity created a mosquito haven, the deck that hasn't been power washed in years led to disgusting black feet all day, and the sliding doors that led into the house simply trailed in ants. Not to mention, the furniture was all broken complete with missing chairs and tables slaughtered in sticky filth that again, led to bugs galore.
Trying to keep our attitudes high, we luckily brought our own furniture, tents, and umbrellas (though one shouldn't have to do this, I'd highly recommend to keep you the least bit comfortable). With a bit of rearranging, my group of friends was able to make the porch area semi-livable for the weekend we were about to embark on. I should also mention we brought our own cleaning supplies and had to literally scrub the deck furniture, the grill (which was pure filth), and so forth. After about 2 hours of cleaning only the outside by my friends, we finally felt comfortable outside. It's absolutely pathetic we had to do this on a rental property but safety first.
Also, the pool hadn't been cleaned. We found test strips and tested the water after being told it had been cleaned and the chlorine levels were under swimmable - if you rent this property, please be aware of this. Dirty pool water is no good for anyone. The hot tub was in utter disgust, and the inside of the house was cleaned using no COVID safe materials.
I wouldn't recommend this property to anyone until it gets a cleaning and new management. (message me for photo evidence).