Disappointing. Expected better.
Posted Jan 31, 2017
The one PRO I will mention is the food, which was excellent. We went to all the restaurants in the hotel during our stay, and they were great.
1) Not ocean view - Advertised as such, but it certainly wasn't, unless you count the slivers of the ocean you could see between large trees and the roof of the 1st floor restaurant (we were on the second floor -- pic submitted with this review).
2) WiFi - Terrible. Didn't work at all for maybe 1/4 of our four night stay. Spotty the rest of the time. Very frustrating.
3) Bars - The pool bar ran out of mint leaves two days in a row, not good for mojito drinkers, and then ran out of orange juice one day. OJ!!! So many island rum drinks have OJ. Sorry, out of luck.
4) Buffet service - They come by to serve you a drink after you sit down, but you'd better only want one drink because they're not coming back.
5) Confusing restaurant seatings - Okay, so the hotel restaurants are advertised as having two seating times for dinner, but when you're there, they basically throw that out the window, saying dinner just starts at 6:30 and you can come whenever. BUT -- some of the restaurants operate as if there still are seatings. It's not just continual seating like a usual restaurant and like the front desk tells you once you arrive. We got the hang of it by day 3, but days 1 and 2 were frustrating, as we had to wait when multiple tables were open inside the restaurant we wanted to visit.
6) Bad TV remote - Barely worked.