Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Naxos, which is also known for its local tours and mountain views. This city also attracts tourists with its cafés.
- There are 402 hotels and other accommodations in Naxos
- The closest major airport is in Naxos (JNX-Naxos Island National), 1.8 mi (2.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Parikia (PAS-Paros National), 15.1 mi (24.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Naxos
Cultural venues in the city include Folk Museum Collection, Archaeological Museum, and Eggares Olive Press Museum. The beaches and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Agios Georgios Beach, Agios Prokopios Beach, and Agia Anna Beach. Taking local tours is a top activity, and Port of Naxos is one place to visit.
In Naxos, you'll be able to select from 402 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Naxos Island Escape - This 4-star guesthouse features a private beach, free breakfast, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and room size.
- Margaret of Naxos - Our customers love the beach locale and spacious, comfortable rooms at this apartment. Amenities at this 2-star apartment include self-service laundry and free WiFi.
- Faros Villa small hotel & restaurant - This 3-star apartment features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers love its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Dressing for Naxos
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 49°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 66°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 51°F as the nighttime average
- Naxos gets about 0.83 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 50°F