- The hot breakfast was on par with similar hotels in the area, and the coffee is good and always available in the lobby
- There is a mold problem (new filter in medical equipment was darkened by mold after only a couple of days)
- The swimming pool was closed for maintenance for my entire length of stay
- Internet connection was barely usable despite strong signal and low room occupancy
- ATM machine in lobby not functional
- Ground-floor elevator button not functional for 24 hours
- Power was disconnected to the building for an extended period of time
- Ice Machines on floors 2 and 3 are inoperable
- Main parking entrance was blocked for an extended period of time while city power crew was at work
- There was a light bulb missing from one of the lamps in my room upon checkin
- Raisin cookies every day??? Most people don't care for raisin cookies
- The management did not seem to care about resolving problems in a timely fashion, and management did not take a proactive role in identifying problems.
Comment from Hotel Management
Sep 26, 2016 by Pablo P., Hotel Management
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Expedia. We take every complaint very seriously, and on behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I am elated to inform the ATM is functional, and the city of San Marcos finished infrastructure installation so we are not looking to have any more power outages for the foreseeable future. We have also hired a roofing company to fix some roof damage which causes increased humidity in the hotel. At the moment we are experiencing heavy rain once again in San Marcos as well as possible flooding. We were also able to diagnose that the reason for the ice machines not working it seems it was due to the power outages we experienced. I assure you we are working diligently on all the items you addressed in order to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.
We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.
Pablo G. Palomino
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson