Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelRichly appointed hotel two blocks from Yale campus
Popular property highlights
New Haven Green
Combining classic New England style with up-to-date features, this 19-story hotel is one block from the historic New Haven Green and the Shubert Theater and two blocks from Yale University.
Restaurant with views
The top-floor restaurant, John Davenport's, showcases regional specialties, complemented by views over the Green and the Yale campus.
A touch of tradition
Omni guestrooms are handsomely decorated in traditional style. Beds have soft duvets and feather pillows; bathrooms include robes, makeup mirrors, and curved shower rods for extra room.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale
This New Haven hotel offers a desirable location one block from the 350-year-old New Haven Green and two blocks from Yale's picturesque campus. Chapel Street shops are also two blocks away.
The Omni's 24-hour fitness center features a stretching area, exercise balls, and cardio machines with individual flat-screen TVs and audio headphones. Water and towels are provided.
The Omni Kids program is a special treat, with children receiving a complimentary gift bag with toys and other goodies at check-in. The restaurant includes menu choices designed for youngsters.
This is non-smoking hotel. 19 meeting rooms are available, as well as self-parking with a surcharge. Pets 25 pounds and under are welcome (surcharge).
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 19
- Express check-out
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 2044
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 22000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Total number of rooms - 306
- Number of floors - 19
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
Available in all rooms:
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Hair dryer
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Free toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Partially open bathroom
- Room service (24 hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
John Davenport's - Highly regarded restaurant and bar located on 19th floor, with commanding views of New Haven Green and Yale campus. Menu changes seasonally and features the freshest local ingredients. Named in honor of 17th-century co-founder of New Haven. Children's menu available. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Nearby Things to Do
The fitness center, accessible by room key around the clock, offers an array of cardio and weight equipment. Cardio machines come with individual flat-screen TVs. Fresh fruit, water, and towels are available. For guests who prefer to work out in their rooms, Get Fit Kits are available at the front desk.
The historic New Haven Green, one block from the hotel, has wide gravel paths shaded by elm trees. Lighthouse Point Park, five miles away, includes a public beach, fishing pier, 1847 lighthouse, vintage carousel, playground, and “Splashpad” with freshwater fountains. The park is also a popular birding spot.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golfing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 30.00 per stay.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for USD 0 per stay.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50.00 per accommodation, per stay, plus a deposit of USD 50.00 per stay
- Dogs only
- 1 per room (up to 25 lb)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Cash deposit: USD 50.00 per night
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 23.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 23 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 28.75 per day
- Pet deposit: USD 50.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 50.00 per accommodation, per stay
- Refrigerator fee: USD 20.00 per stay
- In-room microwave fee: USD 20.00 per stay
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 0 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30.00 per stay
- New Haven Omni
- Omni Hotel New Haven Yale
- Omni New Haven
- Omni New Haven Hotel Yale
- Omni New Haven Yale
- Omni Yale
- Yale Hotel New Haven
- Yale New Haven Hotel
- Yale Omni
- Yale Omni Hotel
- Omni Hotel Yale
- Omni New Haven Hotel
We should mention
Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).