Visiting New Kingston
Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in New Kingston, which is also known for its shopping and cafés. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its museums, entertainment choices, and bars. A top sight in the area is National Gallery of Jamaica.
- There are 88 hotels and other accommodations in New Kingston
- The closest major airport is in Kingston (KIN-Norman Manley Intl.), 4.8 mi (7.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in New Kingston
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Centre Stage Theatre, Bob Marley Museum, and Little Theater. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sunshine Amusement Complex and Devon House.
In New Kingston, there are 88 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- New Kingston Corporate Apts at Donhead By The Vacation Casa - Amenities in this 3.5-star apartment include a kitchen, free WiFi, and a washer/dryer. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- The Spanish Court Hotel - Our customers like the comfortable beds and local sightseeing at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Courtyard by Marriott Kingston, Jamaica - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and pool.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is National Gallery of Jamaica, 3.1 mi/5 km from the city center.
Dressing for New Kingston
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 86°F and the nighttime average to be 67°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 69°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 68°F at night
- About 33.90 inches of rain falls on New Kingston each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and March with an average of 67°F