Get an overview of this hotelNew Orleans hotel, in French Quarter
Popular property highlights
New Orleans landmark
This French Quarter hotel opened in 1886 and is within 4 blocks of Jackson Square, Canal St shops, Harrah's New Orleans Casino, Café du Monde, and the restaurants and jazz clubs of lively Bourbon St.
A literary legacy
Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans is home to the famous revolving Carousel Bar, a favorite of playwright Tennessee Williams, the hotel also offers a rooftop outdoor pool. Free WiFi is available throughout.
French Quarter views
Guestrooms at Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans provide views of the French Quarter or surrounding cityscape, high-speed Internet access, antique-reproduction furnishings, and marble-and-granite bathrooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans
Hotel Monteleon New Orleans is a historic French Quarter hotel located within a half-mile of Canal St. shopping, the Aquarium of the Americas, and the nightlife of Bourbon St.
The hotel has a restaurant and features the revolving Carousel Bar, a must-see on every literary visitor's list of attractions in the city.
The heated rooftop pool affords spectacular views of the French Quarter. Other highlights include a day spa (surcharge), fitness center, and barbershop.
A business center provides faxing, copying, printing, office supplies (surcharges apply), and computers with high-speed Internet access. Complimentary wireless Internet access is provided up to .5M, with upgrades available for premium internet access. Luggage storage is also available.
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Poolside bar
- Conference space
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 1886
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Free wired Internet
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Outdoor pool
- Health club
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 2230
- Number of meeting rooms - 25
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 24000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Total number of rooms - 570
- Number of floors - 17
- Number of buildings/towers - 3
- Wedding services
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free bottled water
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room massage available
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Cable TV service
- Free newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Frette Italian sheets
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- In-room climate control (heating)
- Flat-panel TV
- Room service (24 hours)
Where to Eat
Criollo Restaurant - Serving locally sourced products from the land and sea. Ingredient-driven seasonal menu with creative dishes available.
Carousel Lounge - Famous haunt of well-known American writers, artists, and entertainers for generations. Revolving carousel with circus motif for a bar, hand-painted barstools, and fiber-optic stars. Complimentary hors d'oeuvres during evening cocktail hour. Occasional live piano entertainment. Open from late morning until late night.
Poolside Bar - Adjacent to the rooftop pool. Serving snacks and beverages. Open seasonally.
Nearby Things to Do
Temporary Pool Closure
From July 19-21 the Tales of the Cocktail annual event will be held in New Orleans and at Hotel Monteleone. This event attracts thousands of visitors and keeps all areas of the hotel fairly busy and crowded. Tale of the Cocktail has scheduled several private parties at the pool during these dates at various times. Arrangements have been made with a nearby hotel pool for guests enjoyment during event times or if the pool is too crowded.
A 30-foot heated pool on a rooftop deck of Hotel Monteleon New Orleans provides French Quarter views. The fitness center includes treadmills, stationary bikes, a stair machine, a strength-training machine, fresh fruit, and towels.
Four blocks away, Jackson Square is a popular jogging spot.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
The Spa Aria offers a range of treatments and beauty services including massages, manicures and pedicures, body scrubs, reflexology and waxing. Couples treatment rooms are available.
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Thalassotherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 25 per night, plus a one-time cleaning fee of USD 100 and a deposit of USD 100.00 per stay
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 25 and USD 35 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 44.80 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 100.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 25 per night plus USD 100 one-time cleaning
- Hotel Monteleone
- Hotel New Orleans Monteleone
- Monteleone Hotel
- Monteleone Hotel New Orleans
- Monteleone New Orleans
- Monteleone New Orleans Hotel
- New Orleans Hotel Monteleone
- New Orleans Monteleone
- New Orleans Monteleone Hotel
- Hotel Monteleone New Orleans
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.
Special Internet Offer
Book a stay in any room or rate category, for travel anytime, and receive the following:
- Accommodations as selected
- .5 MB of free Internet access per day
Get an extra 10% off or more!
See if this hotel is eligible for member pricing
You agree to receive deals and offers from Expedia, and may unsubscribe at any time.
Already a member? Sign in