Book your room at Lafayette Hotel
Please enter your travel dates.
Get an overview of this hotelElegant hotel on Mardi Gras Parade Route
+VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
Expedia +gold members receive free room upgrades and +gold and +silver members get other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
From a bygone era
Built in 1916, this small boutique hotel is located on the St Charles Avenue Streetcar Line and the Mardi Gras Parade Route. It is 0.5 miles from both the French Quarter and the National World War II Museum.
Lafayette Hotel is a historic 4-story hotel that retains many of its unique architectural elements, such as French doors, wrought-iron balconies, Italian marble floors, and decorative moldings.
The 44 individually decorated guestrooms of the Lafayette Hotel in New Orleans feature mahogany furniture, designer fabrics, English botanical prints, and bathrooms with French-milled soaps.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Lafayette Hotel is a 4-story New Orleans hotel, offering wireless, wired and dial-up Internet access throughout the property for a fee. Valet parking is available for a surcharge, and parking is offered in a secure lot across the street for a fee. On guests' request, roundtrip airport shuttle service is available for a surcharge.
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Luggage storage
- Number of floors - 4
- Smoke-free property
- Total number of rooms - 44
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Year Built 1916
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( 4.95 USD per day ), Wired internet access ( 4.95 USD per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( 4.95 USD per night ), Wired high-speed internet ( 4.95 USD per night )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Cable TV service
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free newspaper
- Free toiletries
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Daily housekeeping
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Designer toiletries
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
- Flat-panel TV
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Private bathroom
- Shower/tub combination
- Soundproofed rooms
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Mike's on the Avenue - Contemporary Louisiana cuisine with inspiration from around the globe. Open for lunch Monday - Friday, and dinner Monday - Saturday. The restaurant has a view of St. Charles Avenue and Lafayette Square.
Nearby Things to Do
- Bicycle rentals nearby
Check-in time ends at 5:30 AM
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children under 12 years old stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
Pets allowed, Pet maximum weight in lb is 50
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 4.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 4.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 4.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: USD 4.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 20 per person (roundtrip)
- Valet parking fee: USD 28 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 50 per accommodation, per stay
- Deposit: USD 50 per stay
We should mention
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).