Get an overview of this hotelNew Orleans French Quarter hotel, on Bourbon St
Popular property highlights
Taste of Bourbon St.
This French Quarter hotel is directly on lively Bourbon Street, just 6 blocks from Jackson Square and 2 blocks from the St. Charles Avenue streetcar line.
Authentic New Orleans experience
The Royal Sonesta New Orleans offers all-day dining at the casual streetside bistro, Desire Oyster Bar. Specialty appetizers, cocktails, and live jazz are featured 7 nights a week at The Jazz Playhouse.
Heart of the French Quarter
The 483 guestrooms at Royal Sonesta New Orleans, many with wrought-iron balconies, face the streets or an inner courtyard and feature modern decor, pillow top mattresses, and king size pillows. Guestrooms also include flat screen TVs, complimentary WiFi, iHome® clock radio, Keurig® coffee makers, and a mini refrigerator. Bathrooms include complimentary Crabtree & Evelyn® toiletries.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Royal Sonesta New Orleans
This New Orleans hotel is in the French Quarter on Bourbon St, 6 blocks from Jackson Square and one half-mile from Harrah's New Orleans Casino.
The Royal Sonesta New Orleans features street-level shopping, a casual oyster bar, and a gourmet restaurant serving French and Creole cuisine. Five lounges — 1 opening right onto Bourbon Street — are also featured.
The Royal Sonesta New Orleans has a 24-hour doorman, an outdoor courtyard pool, fitness center, 24-hour business center and 20 conference rooms, interior patios, and a dedicated concierge desk. A ballroom is also available and wedding services can be arranged. Free WiFi is available throughout and valet parking is provided for a daily fee.
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 483
- Number of floors - 7
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges - 5
- Coffee shop or café
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Fitness facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms 21
- Multilingual staff
- Poolside bar
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 1858
- Number of meeting rooms - 21
- Year Built 1969
- Number of restaurants - 4
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 20000
- Pool cabanas (surcharge)
- Pool sun loungers
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Outdoor pool
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Free WiFi
Available in all rooms: Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium bedding
- Designer toiletries
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Turndown service
- Daily housekeeping
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- iPod docking station
- Room service (24 hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Pillowtop mattress
Where to Eat
Desire Oyster Bar - Guests can sample fresh Louisiana seafood and Creole delicacies for lunch and dinner in this casual spot. Breakfast is served in this bistro from 6:30 AM to 11:30 AM.
The Jazz Playhouse - Dine on appetizers and sip cocktails while enjoying New Orleans' jazz talent. Open daily.
Daiquiri Delight Shop - Serves daiquiris in an ice-cream parlor setting.
Le Booze - A bar facing Bourbon Street offering cocktails, a wide variety of whiskeys, and casual fare.
Nearby Things to Do
The Royal Sonesta New Orleans offers a chemical-free, salt-based outdoor swimming pool in an enclosed courtyard. Pool cabanas and pool sun loungers are also available at a surcharge. A complimentary fitness center is also on site featuring cardio machines, built-in TVs, free weights, and strength machines.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75 per pet, per stay
- Dogs and cats only
- 1 per room (up to 30 lb)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
This property will charge 1-night deposit approximately 72 hours prior to arrival for any bookings where payment for the stay will be made on site instead of at the time of booking. For more details, please contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 16 and USD 20 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 41 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- Royal Sonesta
- Royal Sonesta Hotel
- Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans
- Royal Sonesta New Orleans
- New Orleans Royal Sonesta
- New Orleans Sonesta Hotel
- Sonesta Hotel New Orleans
- Sonesta New Orleans
- Royal Sonesta New Orleans Hotel
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.