Get an overview of this hotelContemporary Beaux-Arts hotel near Flatiron Building
Empire State Building
Restored in 2008 by architect David Rockwell, this elegant New York hotel sits at the north end of the Madison Square Park district of Midtown Manhattan; the iconic Empire State Building is just 4 blocks away.
The Carlton Hotel blends modern amenities with a detailed mosaic tile floor and domed Tiffany skylight. Venetian stucco walls and a lobby waterfall allude to the original hotel's Beaux-Arts style.
The Carlton Hotel offers 317 guestrooms with complimentary wireless Internet access and clock radios with MP3 docks. Beds are dressed with Italian Frette linens and down duvets.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Carlton Hotel, Autograph Collection88 Madison Avenue New York NY 10016
Renovations & Closures
- Dining venue
The focal point of the lobby is a three-story waterfall wall; water flows over a vintage photograph of the site's original 1904 hotel. That hotel featured a 30-foot, mezzanine-level, Tiffany domed skylight, which was restored in 2005.
Although it's high-style contemporary, the lobby pays homage to the original hotel's Beaux-Arts style. Faux-suede columns protruding slightly from walls replicate stone blocks on the building's outside corners. Venetian-stucco walls include hand-stenciled panels. Cylinders of sheer fabric sheath crystal chandeliers. Recessed theatrical lighting illuminates all. Varying styles of music play in the background.
A business center includes two computers offering high-speed Internet access (surcharge). The hotel has 6,000 square feet of meeting and event space for up to 350 guests. The Carlton hotel offers six private meeting rooms with windows in addition to four event spaces including the original grand ballroom of the Seville. Banquet services are available from Millesime restaurant.
This New York hotel is entirely nonsmoking.
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms
- Business center
- Express check-out
- Express check-in
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 12
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
- Concierge services
- Laundry facilities
- Luggage storage
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Total number of rooms - 317
- Smoke-free property
- Fitness facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (limited hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower/tub combination
- Flat-panel TV
- Iron/ironing board
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Millesime - A 1904 skylight and extraordinary mosaic floor accent this seafood brasserie serving classic French seafood dishes featuring fresh seasonal ingredients sourced from local waters and nearby farms. Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Bar Millie - Across a 30-foot glass bridge is a reservations-only cocktail bar serving artisan cocktails.
Salon Millesime - Serving French- and Mediterranean-inspired cuisine by Laurent Manrique, and a fine selection of wines by the glass, Salon Millesime features live music and a state-of-the-art sound system.
Lobby Bar - Located just off of the lobby with forty-foot ceilings, two-story waterfall, and crystal chandeliers is a dimly lit saloon featuring a mahogany bar dating back 100 plus years to the original hotel.
Nearby Things to Do
Guests of The Carlton Hotel enjoy access to the hotel's 24-hour fitness facility. The 800-square-foot facility includes cardio and strength-training machines with TVs and MP3 docks. Yoga mats, free weights, and fitness balls are also available. Disposable earbuds are complimentary.
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 13 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per pet, per stay
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
No cribs (infant beds) available
Please note that local taxes (14,75% total tax + $3,50 occupancy tax per room per night) are not included in the price.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 12 and USD 25 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 60 per day
- Pet fee: USD 50 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per night
- Autograph Collection Carlton Hotel
- Carlton Autograph Collection
- Carlton Autograph Collection Hotel
- Carlton Autograph Collection New York
- Carlton Hotel
- Carlton Hotel Autograph Collection
- Carlton Hotel Autograph Collection New York
- Carlton Hotel New York
- Carlton Hotel, Autograph Collection Hotel New York City
- Carlton On Madison Avenue Hotel
- New York Carlton
- Carlton Madison Avenue
We should mention
Children 13 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.