Good place to stay in Queens
Posted Sep 4, 2016 on Hotels
- The front desk staff were all pleasant, helpful, and efficient!
- Normal rates were a little higher than expected, but entire city seems to be overpriced. I got a reasonable rate, so no complaints there.
- The room had enough space for luggage and other belongings and seemed clean all around.
- Bed was very comfortable with more than enough pillows.
- Bath was as expected. Water temp and pressure were fine. A corner shelf in the shower would have been convenient. Basic free toiletries were nice.
- It was helpful to have had outlets available to charge multiple devices at the same time and within reach of the bed, desk, and chair.
- Pretty quiet even on Friday and Saturday night in the hotel. Usual level of noise from people walking in the hallway but no sustained disturbances.
- Neighborhood was acceptable. I ended up walking several blocks around in the day and a couple of times at night and did not run into any situations that felt unsafe.
- Very convenient to have a bus stop for several routes and a gas station within a block of the hotel.
- Food options within walking distance were somewhat limited compared to some other areas, but includes a few full-service restaurants and several neighborhood-type places.
Overall nice stay and I would return if visiting the area again.