Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelModern, freshly renovated hotel in prime Midtown East location
Popular property highlights
On Lexington Ave
This landmark New York City hotel is a short walk to shopping at Fifth Avenue and Bloomingdales, and in close proximity to the United Nations, Broadway theaters, and Rockefeller Center.
DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan Hotel offers a complimentary fitness center, an onsite restaurant, and meeting rooms providing over 12,000 square feet of space.
All 764 recently renovated rooms offer Sweet Dreams® beds with triple sheeting, down comforters, and armloads of pillows. High-definition 37-inch flat-screen TVs and high-speed Internet access are available.
DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan - New York City
Designed by art-deco era architect Morris Lapidus in 1961, this 20-story, non-smoking New York City hotel was fully renovated in 2012 to restore its chic 1960s styling in modern fashion. Centrally located in Midtown, the hotel is steps from the neighborhood's renowned shopping centers, restaurants, and museums.
Business guests will find a complimentary automated business center where they can copy, fax, print, or use the laptop port or the desktop with Internet access. The Doubletree provides over 12,000 square feet of meeting space and wireless Internet access is available in public areas (surcharge). Self and valet parking are available and the hotel has 24-hour security.
Guests can relax in the lobby, have a drink at the Met Bar, or dine at the Met Grill.
The hotel offers a 24-hour complimentary fitness center. A beauty salon and barber shop are also available for guests' use at the hotel.
- Express check-in
- Newspapers in lobby (surcharge)
- Fitness facilities
- Local Expert Concierge
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 1961
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Conference space size (meters) - 1115
- Number of meeting rooms - 12
- Luggage storage
- Hair salon
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 12000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Total number of rooms - 764
- Number of floors - 20
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
Available in all rooms:
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Shower/tub combination
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Cribs/infant beds available
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Free newspaper
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Met Grill - This casual restaurant off the lobby serves American and Continental breakfasts. Adjacent is the trendy Met Bar lounge.
Cafe Metro - This independent coffee shop at the hotel entrance offers a varied American menu ranging from snacks to full meals. Open daily from early morning until midnight.
- Manicures and pedicures
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 30 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD $100.00 per pet, per stay, plus a deposit of USD 100 per stay
- Up to 60 lb
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: USD 20 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 55 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 63 per day
- Pet deposit: USD 100 per stay
- Pet fee: USD $100.00 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30 per night
- DoubleTree Hilton Metropolitan New York City Hotel
- DoubleTree Hilton Metropolitan Hotel New York City
- DoubleTree Hilton Metropolitan New York City
- DoubleTree Hilton New York City
- DoubleTree Metropolitan
- DoubleTree Metropolitan Hilton
- DoubleTree Metropolitan New York City
- DoubleTree New York City Metropolitan
- Hilton DoubleTree Metropolitan
- Hilton Metropolitan New York City
- DoubleTree Hilton Metropolitan Hotel
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).