Get an overview of this hotelHotel in New York's Central Park neighborhood near Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
Popular property highlights
Upper West Side style
This Upper West Side hotel is within 1 block of Central Park's lush greenery and the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts; Columbus Circle is 4 blocks south.
Lounge overlooking park
The Empire's rooftop lounge offers expansive views of the Hudson River and Central Park. The lobby, with its stone floor and metal accents, pays tribute to the architecture of 1960s-era Lincoln Center.
Tropical rain shower
Guestrooms feature tropical rain showers with teak floors. Additional amenities include MP3 docking stations and large flat-panel TVs. A 24-hour business center is also available.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
This New York hotel offers a superb location within a block of Central Park and Lincoln Center. The American Museum of Natural History is less than a mile north, and the Theater District is about a half-mile south. Concierge service and a 24-hour business center are additional features of this hotel.
- Luggage storage
- Rooftop terrace
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- 24-hour front desk
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Total number of rooms - 426
- One meeting room
- Number of floors - 11
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Outdoor pool
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.95 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per night )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Flat-panel TV
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free newspaper
- Free toiletries
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Shower only
- Turndown service
- Room service (24 hours)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- WiFi (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Moore Food and Drink at The Empire Hotel - The restaurant offers traditional East Coast seafood fare.
Rooftop Lounge - Cocktails.
Nearby Things to Do
One block east, Central Park encompasses 843 acres of meadows, woods, cliffs, ravines, gardens, paths, and lakes. Popular walking and running routes include Central Park Drive (closed to traffic during scheduled hours) and the path around the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir. The Loeb Boathouse, on a picturesque lake, rents rowboats and bicycles. The Wollman Rink offers ice-skating in the winter, the Victorian Gardens Amusement Park during the warmer months, and splendid views of the park and city year-round.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 25 per pet, per day
- Up to 40 lb
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 21 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 60 per day
- Pet fee: USD 25 per pet, per day
- Empire Hotel
- Empire Hotel New York
- Empire New York
- Hotel Empire
We should mention
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.