Get an overview of this hotel4-star New York hotel in Bowery, near New York University
VIP Access™ Hotel
Our customers receive consistently exceptional service at these hotels.
Expedia Rewards members get double value for their points when booking any VIP Access hotel.See details
Located in Bowery, this hotel is within a 15-minute walk of New York University and 5th Avenue. Washington Square Park and Union Square Park are also within 1 mi (2 km). 2 Av. Station is only a 2-minute walk and Bowery St. Station is 5 minutes.
2 restaurants, a nightclub, and 6 bars/lounges are available at this smoke-free hotel. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, a 24-hour health club, 2 coffee shops/cafés, and a rooftop terrace are onsite.
All 367 rooms offer comforts like Tempur-Pedic beds and Egyptian cotton sheets, plus free WiFi and flat-screen TVs with cable channels. Other amenities available to guests include refrigerators, free bottled water, and hair dryers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
PUBLIC, an Ian Schrager hotel
PUBLIC, an Ian Schrager hotel features a 24-hour health club and complimentary bicycles. Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants and guests can grab coffee at one of the 2 coffee shops/cafés. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the hotel's 6 bars/lounges. Public areas are equipped with complimentary wireless Internet access.
This business-friendly hotel also offers a nightclub, a rooftop terrace, and tour/ticket assistance. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge.
PUBLIC, an Ian Schrager hotel is a smoke-free property.
- Express check-in
- Rooftop terrace
- Number of bars/lounges - 6
- 24-hour front desk
- Billiards or pool table
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms
- Year Built - 2017
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of coffee shops/cafes - 2
- Smoke-free property
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Banquet hall
- Vending machine
- Total number of rooms - 367
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 16
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Fireplace in lobby
- 24-hour health club
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Number of bathrooms -
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Tempur-Pedic mattress
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7:00 AM and 11:00 AM.
Public Kitchen - Onsite restaurant.
Louis - Onsite coffee shop.
Diego - Onsite cocktail bar.
The Roof - Onsite rooftop bar.
Lobby Bar - Onsite lobby lounge.
Start your morning with a full breakfast, available each day from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM for a surcharge.
Nearby Things to Do
A 24-hour health club and complimentary bicycles are featured at the hotel. Other recreational amenities include a 24-hour fitness center.
- Free bicycles on site
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD $100 per accommodation, per stay
- Dogs and cats only
- 1 per room (up to 25 lbs)
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- A city tax will be collected at the property upon arrival. The city tax ranges from JPY 100-200 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. The tax does not apply to nightly rates under JPY 10,000. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Resort fee: USD 28.69 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness center access
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room bottled water
- Breakfast fee: between USD 20.00 and USD 30.00 for adults, USD 20.00 and USD 30.00 for children (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 50 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 65 per night
- Pet fee: USD $100 per accommodation, per stay
- PUBLIC Ian Schrager hotel New York
- PUBLIC Ian Schrager hotel
- PUBLIC Ian Schrager New York
- PUBLIC Ian Schrager
We should mention
Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.