Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelNew York City's gathering spot
Popular property highlights
Near Times Square
Home to the Round Table made famous by literary luminaries like Dorothy Parker, Robert Benchley and Alexander Woollcott, this Autograph Collection hotel is steps from Bryant Park, Broadway theaters, and Times Square.
Renovated in 2012, the Algonquin Hotel houses the stylish Blue Bar and the famed Round Table restaurant; it also offers free WiFi, a 24-hour business center, and 24-hour fitness center.
The hotel's 181 business-friendly guestrooms feature complimentary Wi-fi, iPod-compatible speakers, flat-screen TVs, pillowtop bedding, Beekman 1802 bath amenities, and down comforters.
The Algonquin Hotel Times Square, Autograph Collection
Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access is available. The hotel also features a 24-hour business center. The hotel's 24-hour fitness center features individual TV screens on each piece of aerobic equipment. Services include assistance arranging tours. Garage parking is available (surcharge).
The hotel, built in 1902, offers complimentary booklets about the Edwardian design Algonquin, one detailing its history and the other, Tribal Tales of the Algonquin, recounting stories by and about Algonquin regulars of that era. Hold a meeting, party or wedding reception in the hotel's elegant event space measuring 4,953 square.
This is a smoke-free property; fines apply for violations.
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Babysitting or childcare
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 7
- Year Built 1902
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Free wired Internet
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Conference space size (meters) - 460
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 4953
- Concierge services
- Total number of rooms - 181
- Number of floors - 12
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour health club
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: WiFi (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Towels included
- Linens included
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Separate sitting area
- Free newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Pillowtop mattress
- Number of bathrooms -
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Pillow menu
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (free)
- In-room climate control (heating)
- iPod docking station
Where to Eat
The Round Table Restaurant - Restaurant and cocktail area of the hotel located in the back of the lobby. Restaurant offers a pre-theater menu with light fare, steaks, and specialty dishes. Room features the Natalie Ascencios painting, A Vicious Circle.
The Blue Bar - This comfortable gathering spot for locals and visitors alike serves food and drinks from lunch into the evening. Cocktails feature fresh juices and flavor blends.
The Lobby Lounge - Extensive beverage, wine, and spirits menu. Light fare. Open from early morning until late evening.
Coffee/tea is available in the common areas.
Nearby Things to Do
Central Park, less than a mile north, offers a variety of recreational opportunities, including tennis courts, rowboat rentals, and miles of trails for hiking, biking, running, and in-line skating. The Wollman Rink is open for ice skating seasonally, as is the rink at Rockefeller Center, which is four blocks north of the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets stay free
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Resort fee: USD 28.69 per accommodation, per night
- Additional inclusions
- Fee for continental breakfast: USD 22.00 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 46.00 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 55 per day
- Algonquin Autograph Collection
- Algonquin Hotel
- Algonquin Hotel Autograph Collection
- Algonquin Hotel Times Square
- Algonquin Hotel Times Square Autograph Collection
- Algonquin Times Square
- Algonquin Times Square Autograph Collection
- Autograph Collection Algonquin Hotel
- Hotel Algonquin
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.