Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelTranquil Japanese-style hotel on Park Avenue
Popular property highlights
Near Grand Central
Overlooking the Park Avenue at the corner of East 38th Street, this Japanese-owned hotel four blocks south of Grand Central Terminal provides a hushed atmosphere graced by original artworks.
Kaiseki cuisine + jazz!
Guests enjoy museum quality artwork in our public areas and guestrooms; and nightly world class Jazz entertainment performed in the intimate Bar Lounge. Concierge and babysitting or childcare (surcharge) services available.
Elegance and comfort
Serene guestrooms and suites are spacious and comfortable, offering spectacular city views; luxurious accommodations; posh amenities; and soundproof windows for a relaxing, revitalizing stay.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
The Kitano New York
A computer in the lobby provides high-speed Internet access (surcharge). Wireless Internet access (surcharge) is available throughout the hotel. Multiple meeting rooms available. A chain of Manhattan fitness centers, including a branch two blocks from the hotel, offers complimentary access to guests of Kitano New York Hotel.
- Free use of nearby fitness center
- Express check-in
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Business center
- Meeting rooms 3
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Total number of rooms - 149
- Number of floors - 18
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per day ), Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per night )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (limited hours)
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Cable TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Soundproofed rooms
- Plasma TV
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Nadaman Hakubai - Traditional Japanese restaurant open for lunch and dinner. Private tatami rooms available. Kaiseki dinners (dozen or more small dishes chosen by chef).
The Garden Café - Informal spot with mahogany paneling, skylight, garden, and original art by Red Grooms. Located in townhouse adjoining Kitano New York Hotel. American/Japanese buffet breakfast and à la carte menu. Lunch/dinner menu with salads, sandwiches, and choices such as herb-crusted salmon, truffled mushroom risotto, steaks.
The Bar Lounge - Mezzanine-level lounge overlooking lobby and windows facing Park Avenue. Light-wood floor, leather seating, plasma TV. Open early evening to late night. Light-fare menu. Live jazz Wednesday-Saturday evenings.
Nearby Things to Do
A chain of Manhattan fitness centers, including a branch two blocks from the hotel, offers complimentary access to guests of Kitano New York Hotel.
Central Park, 1.25 miles north, offers a variety of recreational opportunities, including ball fields, tennis courts, rowboat rentals, horseback riding, and miles of trails for hiking, biking, running, and in-line skating. Rockefeller Center's skating rink, 11 blocks away, opens in winter, as does Central Park's Wollman Rink. A golf driving range is located at Chelsea Piers sports/entertainment complex on the Hudson River 2 miles west of the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 40 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: USD 33.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 55 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 55 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 40 per night
- Kitano Hotel
- Kitano Hotel New York
- Kitano New York
- Kitano New York Hotel
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.