Don't do it!! Just Don't do it!!!
Posted May 21, 2015 on Hotels
So, I travel a lot, usually 10-12 days per month during my busy season, and I stay at a lot of airport transit hotels. I know they're heavily trafficked, and can be a bit run down because of it. The Landing, however, easily made my top ten list of the most dreadful hotels I've ever stayed at. Here's a quick rundown:
1) Sheets were not changed before my stay. I know that because of the gig hairball I found in my bed.
2) My room, don't ask me why, smelled very strongly of urine.
3) Bar was closed, but a bunch of locals sat around the bar drinking and blasting tunes on high (my room happened to be right next to the bar
4) Took me 40 minutes to check in, because the 3 people checking in in front of me had their reservations lost by the hotel.
5) No Hot water. A cold shower at a hotel is not a good thing.
Oh, and the room was $145.00 a night. I've stayed at cleaner Travellodges for $40 a night.
So, like my title says- don't do it. Just don't do it. Some businesses just don't get it. This is one of them.