Get an overview of this hotelManhattan hotel between Madison Avenue, Central Park
+VIP Access™ Hotel
Our customers receive consistently exceptional service at these hotels.
Expedia+ members get double value for their points when booking any +VIP Access hotel.See details
Madison Avenue, Fifth Avenue, and Museum Mile
This 16-story hotel is in Manhattan's Upper East Side, close to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Whitney Museum, and Central Park. With Madison Avenue less than a block away, The Mark places you in the center of Manhattan's social and cultural scene.
The Mark Style
The Mark features avant-garde design by Jacques Grange and artisan-crafted interior pieces, 24-hour room service and the extraordinary The Mark Restaurant by Jean Georges. The Frederic Fekkai Salon at The Mark offers an array of beauty treatments.
Bang & Olufsen TVs
High French style, modern technology and old-world personal service typify The Mark hotel. Guestrooms feature Bang & Olufsen televisions and DVD players, Quagliotti bed linens, Sub-Zero mini-bars, Frederic Malle Special Scent, Crestron Automation, and Shoe Care Service by John Lobb.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Mark reopened in November 2009 after an extensive renovation led by Jacques Grange, the famed French interior designer whose clientele list includes Yves Saint Laurent, Princess Caroline of Monaco, and Ronald S. Lauder.
The Mark Restaurant by Jean-Georges offers Sunday brunch, breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner. Guests can also enjoy 24-hour in-room dining through Jean-Georges.
This Manhattan hotel offers complimentary shoe shine. The Mark features an on-site Frederic Fekkai salon, which offers a full spectrum of pampering massages and hair and beauty treatments, both in the salon or ensuite; the hotel also features a 24-hours fitness center. Technology support is provided by a dedicated staff, and a computer station is available. The concierge can arrange private car transfers to and from the airport for a fee. A courtesy car service is available for in-house guests to travel within a 20 block radius. The Mark offers Pedcab service or guests can enjoy complimentary bicycles rentals. The property is smoke free (fines apply for smoke-free violations).
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 152
- Number of floors - 16
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Hair salon
- Computer station
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Business center
- Luggage storage
- One meeting room
- Concierge services
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1927
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- Pay movies
- Video-game console
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Soundproofed rooms
- Access via exterior corridors
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Free dial-up Internet access
- iPod docking station
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Room service (24 hours)
- Down comforter
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Pillow menu
- LCD TV
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
The Mark Restaurant by Jean-Georges - Jean-Georges Vongerichten brings his passion for simple cooking using fresh-from-the-market ingredients to this restaurant. The Mark Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, and Sunday brunch. The Mark Bar features signature cocktails and is one of the best chic meeting spots on Madison Avenue.
In-room dining - Available 24 hours a day through Jean-Georges.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Free bicycles on site
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
Home to renowned hairstylist Frederick Fekkai, the salon at The Mark offers a spectrum of services that incorporate Feddai's individual approach to hair and beauty, his high level of pampering (including massages), and his personally selected staff of stylists and beauty specialists.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at 1:00 AM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD $50 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 100 per pet, per stay (maximum USD 100 per stay)
- Dogs and cats only
- 2 per room
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
No cribs (infant beds) available
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 20 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 75.00 per night
- Pet fee: USD 100 per pet, per stay (maximum USD 100 per stay)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD $50 per night
- Mark Hotel
- Mark Hotel New York
- Mark New York
- Mark New York City
- Mark Hotel New York City
- The Mark Hotel New York City
We should mention
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Mark is listed in the 2015 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.