Get an overview of this hotelOpulent accommodations on Central Park South
Popular property highlights
Shopping and shows
Inspired by European townhouses, this classically beautiful Ritz-Carlton is across from the emerald expanse of Central Park, 1 block from Fifth Avenue, 2 blocks from Broadway, and 4 from Carnegie Hall.
La Prairie Swiss spa
The Caviar Firming Facial and the Manhattan Minutes: After-Shopping Paradise are among the treatments available in the Ritz-Carlton's La Prairie Spa. Afternoon tea is served daily in the warmly inviting Star Lounge.
Richly appointed guestrooms and suites feature 400-thread-count linens, down duvets, and flat-screen TVs with DVD players. Large marble bathrooms have separate soaking tubs; bath butler service is available.
- Spotless guestrooms
- Central location
- Proximity to shopping
- Helpful staff
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park
Notable amenities at the Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park include a staff gemologist, special treats for children and pets, and a Technology Butler available around the clock to solve computer problems. Almost all of the hotel's concierges are members of the prestigious Les Clefs d'Or, open only to the best in their profession.
The newest onsite restaurant and bar, Auden (meaning "old friend"), opens in September 2012. Guests won't want to miss the beautiful new architecture of this restaurant, which serves modern bistro-style cuisine.
La Prairie at The Ritz-Carlton Spa, the Switzerland-based spa's first stateside location, features six treatment rooms, men's and women's steam rooms, and a variety of relaxation and beauty-related treatments. A fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment is available to guests 24 hours a day, complete with complimentary steam room access.
This New York hotel is entirely smoke-free.
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Babysitting or childcare
- Number of floors - 22
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Coffee shop or café
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Full-service spa
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Health club
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 259
- Concierge services
- Luggage storage
- One meeting room
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Steam room
- Wedding services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Valet parking (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 14.95 per day ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 14.95 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 14.95 per day ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 14.95 per day )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Hair dryer
- Premium bedding
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Daily housekeeping
- Free newspaper
- Free bottled water
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- DVD player
- Air conditioning
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Pay movies
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Pillow menu
- In-room massage available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Auden - The newest addition to the Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park, serving traditional bistro cuisine with a fresh, modern twist. The restaurant also includes a completely redesigned bar and dining area.
Star Lounge - Elegant drawing-room decor in pale green and gold is a warm setting for all-day service of coffee, lunch, appetizers, and cocktails, and a menu offering dozens of tea varieties. The Star Bar between the lounge and dining room is a popular gathering spot. The bartender has a loyal following among New Yorkers and visitors.
Nearby Things to Do
The Ritz-Carlton's complimentary fitness center, open 24 hours, contains cardio machines with individual TVs, along with weight equipment and free weights. Personal training, yoga, and Pilates are available for surcharges. Central Park, across from the hotel, encompasses 843 acres of meadows, woods, cliffs, ravines, gardens, paths, and lakes in an emerald setting. Popular walking and running routes include Central Park Drive (closed to traffic during scheduled hours) and the path around the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir. The Loeb Boathouse, on a 20-acre lake, offers rowboat rentals. The recreational activities listed below are available at or near this Manhattan, New York hotel; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Pilates classes on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 11 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 75 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 250.00 per pet, per stay
- Dogs and cats only
- Up to 60 lb
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 50 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 55 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 55 per day
- Pet fee: USD 250.00 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 75 per night
- Ritz-Carlton Hotel New York Central Park
- Ritz-Carlton New York Central Park
- Ritz-Carlton New York Central Park Hotel
- Ritz Carlton New York City
- Ritz Carlton Manhattan
- Ritz New York City
- New York City Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Carlton Central Park
We should mention
Children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2013 Travel + Leisure 500.