Get an overview of this hotelHistoric Art Deco landmark facing Park Avenue
Popular property highlights
New York's Grande Dame, the Art Deco-style Waldorf Astoria New York offers a desirable Midtown location 2 blocks from Rockefeller Center and 4 blocks from the Broadway Theater District. Times Square, Central Park, Grand Central, and the shops on Fifth Avenue are among the nearby attractions.
Dining choices include La Chine, Bull and Bear Prime Steakhouse and Peacock Alley. On site shopping and tour/ticket assistance are available.
A legendary landmark on Park Avenue, the Waldorf Astoria New York is an iconic hotel that inspires the world. An art deco masterpiece, it has impressive public spaces and 1,416 luxuriously appointed guestrooms of elegant and timeless design. The Waldorf brings together New York’s social elite, the world’s leaders, captains of industry, and travelers from every nation for the most memorable occasions and unforgettable events. Comprising an entire city block of prestigious midtown Manhattan, guests can experience refined cuisine at the Bull & Bear Prime steakhouse, a pampering therapy at the Guerlain Spa, and the renowned hospitality of Peacock Alley.
- Proximity to public transit and shopping
- Good for sightseeing
Waldorf Astoria New York
The hotel offers The Waldorf wedding salon, Kenneth's Salon, and the Guerlain Spa Boutique, which are located in the main lobby. Guests may take a history tour of the hotel every Thursday and Saturday (surcharge; includes lunch). A magic show in a Waldorf Towers suite every Friday and Saturday Night. Sunday brunch is offered at Peacock Alley; live piano music is played every night. A fitness center is on site (surcharge). 40 meeting rooms with 60,000 sq feet (5574 sq meters) of conference space is available.
Wireless Internet access is complimentary in the hotel lobby, along with a computer station.
- Express check-in
- Babysitting or childcare
- Number of bars/lounges - 4
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 40
- Year Built 1931
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 5574
- Number of meeting rooms - 40
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 60000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Conference center
- Shopping on site
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 1413
- Number of floors - 42
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour health club
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: ,
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Cable TV service
- Pillowtop mattress
- MP3 docking station
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Individually decorated
Where to Eat
La Chine - Experience an authentic culinary journey through China with flavors articulated through the finesse of French inspiration. The rare Chinese raw bar and variety of other dishes showcases the depth of this country's cuisine.
Bull and Bear Prime Steakhouse - Award-winning USDA Prime dry-aged steaks and a myriad of hearty portions including the signature chops and seafood are served up at this New York City institution. The health conscious can enjoy a selection of lighter dishes.
Peacock Alley - Located in the heart of the bustling main lobby and featuring a bar, lounge, and private dining salons, this upscale restaurant is the place "to see and be seen."
Nearby Things to Do
Central Park, 11 blocks from The Waldorf Astoria New York, offers a variety of recreational opportunities, including tennis courts, rowboat rentals, horseback riding, and miles of trails for hiking, biking, running, and in-line skating. Rockefeller Center's famed skating rink, three blocks west of the hotel, opens in winter, as does Central Park's Wollman Rink. Midtown athletic clubs offer swimming, racquet sports, and exercise classes. A golf driving range is located at Chelsea Piers sports/entertainment complex on the Hudson River 2.5 miles west of the hotel. The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
On-site Guerlain Spa is located on the 19th floor. There are individual treatment rooms and its own bathroom.
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 50.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75 per pet, per night
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 50 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 18.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 18.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 80.00 per day
- Pet fee: USD 75 per pet, per night
- A late check-out fee will be charged
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50.00 per night
- New York Waldorf Astoria
- Waldorf Astoria
- Waldorf Astoria Hotel
- Waldorf Astoria Hotel New York
- Waldorf Astoria New York
- Waldorf Astoria New York Hotel
- Astoria Waldorf
- New York Waldorf
- Waldorf Historia
- Waldorf New York
- Hotel Waldorf New York
- Astoria New Waldorf York
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.
Best of Waldorf Promotion
Book a stay in a "Best of Waldorf" rate plan category and receive the following:
- One $50 USD hotel credit per night, per room