Get an overview of this hotelA shining star in Summit, New Jersey, since 1868
Popular property highlights
2 blocks to downtown
This historic brick-Tudor hotel 2 blocks from downtown Summit features a lobby with a beamed-vault ceiling, chestnut panels, stone fireplace, brass chandeliers, and overstuffed seating.
Full breakfast daily
Complimentary offerings at The Grand Summit Hotel include a buffet breakfast and evening cookies. A coffee shop is also onsite.
Rooms at The Grand Summit Hotel combine a 19th-century ambience of antique-style furniture and pilastered walls with contemporary conveniences such as complimentary wireless Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Grand Summit Hotel
Opened in 1868 as The Blackburn House, a country resort for New Yorkers, the hotel was rebuilt in 1929. It retains its brick-Tudor styling, including wide hallways with coved ceilings, chair rails, and moldings. The hotel, in the Newark Liberty International Airport area, is 2 blocks from downtown Summit. Manhattan is 22 miles (35.4 kilometers) away.
Set among the rolling hills of picturesque Union County, The Grand Summit Hotel - a Summit Hotel has provided a haven of personal service in the tradition of the finest historic country inns for over a century. The Hat Tavern restaurant serves a breakfast with hot and cold items, lunch, and dinner. The hotel has 6 meeting and conference rooms and a business center with 2 computers that provide complimentary high-speed Internet connections. Scheduled shuttle service (surcharge) is available between the hotel and the Newark Liberty International Airport Sunday-Friday.
- Free use of nearby fitness center
- Express check-in
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Free breakfast
- Conference space
- Business center
- Meeting rooms 6
- Express check-out
- Year Built 1929
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of meeting rooms - 6
- Luggage storage
- Free train station pickup
- Television in common areas
- Total number of rooms - 150
- Number of floors - 5
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Wedding services
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
- Fireplace in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Room service (limited hours)
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free bottled water
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Turndown service
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
Where to Eat
A complimentary full buffet breakfast is served each morning in The HAT Tavern. Complimentary Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea selection is available in the lobby 24 hours a day.
The HAT Tavern - Among its menu of dishes made from fresh local ingredients, The HAT Tavern serves tapas, a wide variety of salads, and hamburgers made from naturally raised, hormone-free beef.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel offers complimentary access to the Summit YMCA four blocks away, which has an Olympic-size swimming pool, basketball courts, and a health club with fitness equipment, workout classes, and massage. A high-school artificial-surface track three blocks away provides running/jogging opportunities. Two public golf courses are located in Summit.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at 2 AM
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20.00 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for USD 20.00 per night.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 35.00 per person (one way)
- Self parking fee: USD 9.25 per day
- Refrigerator fee: USD 20.00 per night
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 20.00 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.00 per night
- Grand Summit Hotel Summit Hotel
- Grand Summit Summit
- Grand Summit Hotel
- Grand Summit
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport and train station (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Up to 3 children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.